Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 5:27:42 PM EDT
I would like to convert a few ARs over from A2 stocks to A1 length. I do not want collapsible or skeleton types, nor a super-short full stock.

But, I want to get them, if possible, in the modern plastic type of the A2 stock. Therefore, I do not want an original A1 in the old style plastic.

Does such a stock exist, and if so, who sells it? Fulton?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#1]
www.cavalryarms.com

they also have a forum in the Industry section.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good. Thanks 62nd_Assassin.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:49:05 AM EDT
[#3]
yea, I like my Cav Arms stock
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I have been looking over the Cavalry Arms dealers list... any suggestions on whom is best to buy from?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:28:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:57:01 AM EDT
[#6]
PaPa, you might consider a Sully stock, shorter than the A1, but it is weighted and provides good overal gun balance.  4weelin
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We have them at  www.ameetecarms.com

+1 Ameetec takes care of us locals real well.....
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Ameetec, do you offer the Cav Arms "C1" stock/buttplate/short screw alone? Your site shows the package of stock w/ tube & buffer.

I have decided that in addition to some black C1 stocks, I am going to need a green Ergo grip, green C1 stock, and green skinny carbine handguard.

Got all those stocks in "stock"?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey P.F. Is this just personal preference or do you need the shorter length?  I'm ready to get a stock for my build and was wondering if an average size person has an easier time with the shorter A1 stock or if it is completely about personal preference.  Also, anyone know if the Cavarms A1 stock is much lighter, if at all,  than a new A2 stock?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Hey P.F. Is this just personal preference or do you need the shorter length?
wondering if an average size person has an easier time with the shorter A1 stock

Chuck, I don't need the A1 stock, but I have shot with A1 stocks enough to know that compared to the A2 length, I can get a better cheeck weld, faster into position, faster on the sights, faster on target, less snagging during presentation of the weapon, more comfortable, and a tighter, stronger position. The improvement is worth the $ to me. I do think most shooters under 6' would prefer the A1. My 6'4" friend considers the A1 stock to be toy-like, but he really likes the length of pull of the M1 garand, which, I think, is only 13", so who knows.

4weelin mentioned a stock which is even shorter for use when geared-up and wearing body armor.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:15:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey P.F. Is this just personal preference or do you need the shorter length?  I'm ready to get a stock for my build and was wondering if an average size person has an easier time with the shorter A1 stock or if it is completely about personal preference.  Also, anyone know if the Cavarms A1 stock is much lighter, if at all,  than a new A2 stock?

I'm 6-2 and I have very long arms.

The A2 works fine for me with a t-shirt on.

With heavy clothing or body armor, it's moderately annoying.

I like the A1 stock with an A2 buttplate assembly.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:58:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the insight, it helps.   Think I'll go with the A1 length.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:54:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top