Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 4:39:35 PM EDT
Finally got software installed to post pics.  These Colt's are a few of my favorites.  All wear M16 stocks with rubber butt plates.

The CAR-15 I've owned since 1982, served me well, and runs like a clock today.  The M16 carbine(model 655)shown in Small Arms...by Ezell was my inspiration.  1/12's wear 3 prong hiders, that's the rules!

The OD rifle is an all Colt parts gun(78 SP1 lower) built as an R6500 clone complete with non-F marked 1/7 govt. profile barrel.  The first AR-15A2's actually came with the A1 style rear sight I favor.  A2 post and aperture are used of course.  Not many "large hole" C7 style uppers were built.  A RRA NM trigger should have been here TODAY...

The Zombie rifle used to be a postban MT6700.  The 1/9 HBAR was turned to 0.700 under the DD 12.0, and is cut/threaded at 18 inches.  The RRA match style(narrow) front blade, F marked FSB, and the ARMS 40A2 were zero'd @ 50 and 200 yards.  An early 502 with 15 MOA diamond reticle is also zero'd at 200 yards.  At 9 oclock a Laser Devices OP-9 is activated by thumb pressure, and a LAsTac(25 yd. zero) at 6 oclock is activated by extending the index finger.  The 3# JP single stage sends 5.56 party favors down range.  Redi-mags have been on some of my rifles for a long time.

Scoped chores are handled by a somewhat "impure" gene splicing of a Colt 1/7 HBAR onto a RRA A4 upper mounted on a Bushmaster lower(that is really a HANDGUN!).  But even an overweight stepchild deserves love.  The SPR Lite weighs 9.5#'s including the 2x7 Leupold in PRW High rings on a GG&G GS-1 rail extension.  The upper and lower rails were removed from the PRI tube to eliminate bouts of stupidity (formerly was a Mod 0 clone about 30 ounces HEAVIER!)

Paladin

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Looking good, the Colt Cult welcomes you!   How about some larger close-up photos?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:11:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess my edition is outdated, as it is the 12th ed. from 1983.

On page 745 is a photo comparing the lengths of an AK-47 above what is called a Model 655.  The weapon pictured lacks forward assist, and other than barrel length appears identical to my carbine(except the fence around the magazine release).  Page 757 lists a 651, 652, etc., all carbines with various forward assist(or not) and some with sliding butts(and without).

Sammy, you are right!  The 652 description is better, as it lacked forward assist and the sliding buttstock.  The photo caption is wrong, and so was my first post.  652's still rock!  Thanks for getting me straight.

Paladin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top