Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 7:05:35 AM EDT
 I guess I have caught the disease, I got my first AR less than 3 months ago and am currently about to start building another from scratch. The one I have will become a short range plinker, and the new one will hopefully become a highly accurate deer rifle. I will be recieving a bushmaster lower with a two-stage trigger already installed. I want to swap triggers between my new one and my old one. Then starting with my lower with the two stage, I'm not sure where I want to go with it.
  I am set on going with a flat top and free floating. Will mount some type of scope to the flat top, no irons will be necessary since this will not be for any use other than hunting. Also none of the fancy rails will be necessary, maybe a bi-pod.
  Any suggestions on which types of uppers, free floats, barrels (length, type of brake at the end) will yield the most accurate combination without creating a rifle to heavy to pack up a mountain. I like the look of the houge free-float seeing how it has no frills, but am open to other suggestions.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:29:56 AM EDT
[#1]
In this order - trigger time, quality ammo, a good trigger, a stainless match barrel and a free floated rig.

Of course, I did it somewhat backwards.  I got the last three, reload my own ammo and don't get near enough trigger time.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
 I guess I have caught the disease, I got my first AR less than 3 months ago and am currently about to start building another from scratch. The one I have will become a short range plinker, and the new one will hopefully become a highly accurate deer rifle. I will be recieving a bushmaster lower with a two-stage trigger already installed. I want to swap triggers between my new one and my old one. Then starting with my lower with the two stage, I'm not sure where I want to go with it.
  I am set on going with a flat top and free floating. Will mount some type of scope to the flat top, no irons will be necessary since this will not be for any use other than hunting. Also none of the fancy rails will be necessary, maybe a bi-pod.
  Any suggestions on which types of uppers, free floats, barrels (length, type of brake at the end) will yield the most accurate combination without creating a rifle to heavy to pack up a mountain. I like the look of the houge free-float seeing how it has no frills, but am open to other suggestions.

I hope you did NOT get the Bushmaster two stage trigger. They are a POS. I have seen at least a dozen crap out. All they are is a modified USGI trigger and when they crap out they either become a hair trigger or take about 10 lbs. of pull. Do yourself a favor and get another if you did get the Bushmaster. Jewell, Rock River or the new Geiselle. They are much better and you will end up saving money as there is no market for a used Bushmaster two stage.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:01:57 AM EDT
[#3]
A PAT ROGER'S CLASS.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Ammo/Barrel is the single largest mechanical factor.  Bushmaster triggers have a bad rap.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Its a Rock River adjustable two stage. Am considering going with a 20" fluted barrel with no flash supressent.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I have never heard of a Rock River adjustbale 2 stage.  Any details?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:49:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top