Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 10:34:38 AM EDT
Ok so I want to know out of these 3 which FF system is the best, give me pros and cons.

Larue 7.0
DD 7.0
Troy MRF-C
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Larue has the locking feature. Pro would be its the most solid.  Con is the locking feature is not really an issue for almost everyone and it weighs more than a DD.  You either love or hate the "Live free or Die" that is on every rail they make.

DD is the lightest by 1 quarter pound. Pro is its the lightest, con would be its not got the locking feature so you have to retighten the end cap if it works loose (rare occurance)  I can retighten a loose end cap by hand and strap wrench it at home of it comes loose.  I guess that not an option if you are deployed in the field.  KAC FF RAS has the same issues and it was never a big deal till Larue came out with the locking feature.

Troy does not require barrel and FSB removal.  Pro is easy install con is its the heaviest and bulkiest and upper rail often is not ligned up with the reciever rail.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Larue has the locking feature.
DD is the lightest by 1 quarter pound.
Troy does not require barrel and FSB removal.

How does the Troy install then, because I have a permanently pinned A2 FH.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#3]
It mounts to the factory barrel nut.  You can have the pinned A2 removed but it would likely be destroyed.  You could have another A2 pinned on after an install of DD or Larue rails.  ADCO could do this easily with quick turn around.  You can do the Troy yourself and leave everything as is.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless you want that to come off, which in nearly all cases means destroying it, your only choice is the Troy.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless you want that to come off, which in nearly all cases means destroying it, your only choice is the Troy.

Thanks alot guys, so it seems that The DD is the best mid all around but Larue is the heavier one but most solid.  Oh and I love the live free or die.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can destroy the FH thats only 8 dollars, but will it mess up my threads and barrel?

If done by a competent gunsmith/machinist - no.  If done by a hack, yes.

It's only $8, but factor in the cost of removal and permanent reattachment.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, The Troy rail is mounted to the facoty barrel nut, and its quick to install.  And from what I heard they are running a sale this month, they retail for $225 with the three TangoDown rail panels.  I got the directions from there web site, and now just waiting on the rail to come in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top