Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2005 9:17:55 AM EDT
I'm now looking for a bolt and carrier group for my "m-4-ish" flattop project rifle ... What are the opinions on CMT, LMT or RRA?  I've also seen show something referred to as an "enhanced" group - is this worth the extra price?  What's the difference?  I'm planning on shooting heavier bullets BTW.

Thanks ...
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:31:46 AM EDT
[#1]
the cmt/rra enhanced is just extra material left on the carrier along with the shrouded firing pin

the lmt enhanced has dual extractor springs and a redesigned bolt

i would just get a cmt and call it a night
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I've used both LMT and CMT and both were very nice.  Each has the shrouded area over the firing pin and is a little heavier in the back end than other semi-suto carriers I have seen.  Both were quite nice in fit and finish.  I don't have any experience with RRA.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I run a LMT bcg, $129.00 from Grant.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Colt combination is as good as any, but if enhanced products strike your fancy, the LMT is a popular choice.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Colt is always good then I would look at CMT's MPI bolt/bc and LMT' bolt/bc.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody know if the CMT carrier is MP tested or is it just the bolt?

The LMT bolt and carrier are not tested, is this correct? Not that it makes them bad, none of my other non-test ones have broken, just trying to get my facts straight.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Who else besides Colt, MP tests their bolts? RRA, BM? Inquiring minds want to know.

Robert
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Who else besides Colt, MP tests their bolts? RRA, BM? Inquiring minds want to know.

Robert

I believe Smith Enterprises MP test theirs...
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:16:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Robert

Look above your post

RRA and Bushy don't.

I just got a CMT from Bravo Co. and I'm happy with it. I'm also happy with my RRA bolt/carrier that came in one of my uppers.

I think both are well worth the money.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top