Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 3:11:14 PM EDT
Are these lowers cast or forged?  I asked the folk at the desk at Armalite specifically about the EA receivers, and they said they were forged.  The ones that I've seen I've had suspicions about, though.  Can anyone corroborate the factory?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Both the old and new ones are forged.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#2]
EA lowers are NOT Eagle Arms lowers.  Eagle Arms lowers are forged but IIRC EA (Essential Arms) lowers were cast.  Do not make the mistake buying an EA lower thinking it is an Eagle Arms lower, they are NOT the same.

See this link.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Eagle Arms lowers are forged...

I recently purchased an Eagle Arms lower and im happy with it, the fit and finish is very nice...
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#5]
IIRC, the only thing different between Armalite lowers and Eagle Lowers is the name on the side. They are both forged and of high quality.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:59:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I have 3 builds on Eagle Arms lowers..they are as good as anything else out there, and I *used* to be able to get them for $80 piece from Quantico Arms.  Unfortunately, those days are gone.  The price has gone up *just* a little: they're now $999 each.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have 3 builds on Eagle Arms lowers..they are as good as anything else out there, and I *used* to be able to get them for $80 piece from Quantico Arms.  Unfortunately, those days are gone.  The price has gone up *just* a little: they're now $999 each.

Paying $999.99 for a stripped lower receiver isnt that bad, LOL... At least it didnt go up to much
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:03:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That means that they do not have any in stock.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:18:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well, it means they have to disassemble a whole rifle to sell you one lol.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:09:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Are these lowers cast or forged?  I asked the folk at the desk at Armalite specifically about the EA receivers, and they said they were forged.  The ones that I've seen I've had suspicions about, though.  Can anyone corroborate the factory?

Who would know better than the factory (the folk at the desk at Armalite) if they were forged or not?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:00:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well, it means they have to disassemble a whole rifle to sell you one lol.  

Pssst.....They are HERE on Armalite.com. $159 stripped.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Remember the good old days of the ban when we could actually purchased stripped Eagle Arms lowers for $75???

Ah the good ole days
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#14]
The Essential Arms (EA Arms) receivers are sometimes confused with the Eagle Arms receivers.  None of the ArmaLite or Eagle receivers are cast, both upper and lower receivers are machined from forgings.

ArmaLite Sales
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top