Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2005 9:41:54 PM EDT

The one thing I don't like about my Larue is the squared off, blocky front end.

I think it would be better if the front segments were angled by 30 to 45 degrees. All four rail fronts, though I could not draw it like that.

Why? If the rifle were dropped front first, the angles might enable it to deflect off whatever surface it hits, instead of the sudden stop (and shock to the rifle) that might happen if the squared off right angle hits. This also allies to forward movement through brushy vegetation, which might be brushed aside instead of catching on the current flat surface.

And it would look cool!

Whaddya think?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:25:32 PM EDT
[#1]
you would expose more of your gas tube with that design

plus imo it would look dumb.

the badger ordinance rail is similar to what your trying to achieve maybe you should look into it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:42:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:20:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:59:08 AM EDT
[#4]
eklikwhoa is absolutely right that you'd expose your gas tube, unless you made those sides extend beyond the FSB.  

So with that in mind, sell your Larue 12.0, buy a new Larue 13.2 and have it cut like that...  Check with one of the board 'sheen shop wizards like ADCO or Mongo .

I liked the look of the Badger too, but I was told by EVERYONE (including a Badger dealer on THIS FORUM) that it's too heavy for most people's preference.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Fixed it for ya.

A front sight would have blocked the top rail anyway.

Thanks for the input sjauch
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#6]
If you want to pay forit, we'll do it. It wouldn't be the strangest thing we've done...I don't think.

Be well!

[email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top