Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 4:08:36 PM EDT
Just for anyone who is interested, I have found the sweatest combination for my POF gas piston operated M4.  Using the MGI RRB buffer and the Wolf springs extra heavy recoil spring has made this thing smooth. I Have to say that the recoil with this gas piston upper is a little more than a  direct gas inpingement type AR. I loved having the great reliability (600 rounds of nasty wolf and no issues) of this system but did not want to have to give up anything to have this. I started with the bushmaster recoil spring and regular CAR buffer. It worked but I felt that it was weak for the heavy impact from the gas piston.I  then installed a the H buffer with the recoil spring that comes with the crane LMT stock kits. It was a considerable difference. I knew then that the MGI or Enidine buffer was exactly what I needed.  I bought both of these buffers and tried them. Very noticable difference with either of these. The weapon smoothed out so much with both buffers. It actually felt like a different weapon.
This was still using the LMT spring.
Finally I ordered the extra powered recoil spring from wolf. Trying it with the MGI buffer was perfect. The recoil was reduced to hardly nothing. The barrel stayed right on target.
Th enidne buffer worked just as well except for just a hair more recoil.  Probably the weight difference between the 2 was what made the difference.  Im not knocking the enidine because it is a jewel in my SPR. That thing has less kick now than a 10/22. But thats another story.
After 600 or so rounds  of  wolf ammo , I could not be happier with this rifle.
The only disadvantages that I can see is that there is just a little more weight and a little more recoil out the box than the direct gas systems. Other than that the POF is the SHIT!!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you shot it for accuracy?

John

P.S. I mean, with anything other than your 600 rounds of Wolf?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The longest range that Ive been on so far with this particular rifle was only about 50 yds. I did shoot it to zero my IOR CQB tactical scope and with xm193 and wolf ammo it was shooting 1'' groups. This was just shooting off of some sandbags on a picnic table.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh and another thing. The only reason that Im using Wolf ammo is to test the reliability of this piston operated upper. If it can chew this stuff up then it should be able to run on just about any ammo. I normally plink with Xm193 and XM855. I keep my 69 and 77 grain Black Hills for self defense loads.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Excellent info, SRT. You've really helped me make up my mind on which system to go with.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Excellent info, SRT. You've really helped me make up my mind on which system to go with.

Mike

No Problem. If it wasnt such a good product I wouldnt be pushing it so much. I want people to know that these gas piston systems are the future for the AR15 and that they really work. I just happen to own the POF and I am absolutely satisfied.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top