Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 1:38:30 PM EDT
As above, who built this upper?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a forging mark and in no way indicates who's receiver it is.  Cerro Fabricated supplies keyhole marked forgings to Colt, Bushmaster, RRA, and probably more.  If it's not attached to a factory rifle, it is unlikely that you will ever know who was responsible for finishing the Cerro provided raw forging.

FWIW -
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#2]
just about all of them
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the role of the AR manufacturers in the forging process, and in the final process?  Will there be any difference if the cerro marked receiver came from a BM or RRA rifle?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I make these in my basement at my parents house.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Dace then sends them to me for finish machining, which I do in my spare bedroom.  My tool bench consists solely of a dremel.  Then are then shipped via UPS to my brother-in-law who shoots them with Great Value brand black paint.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Dace then sends them to me for finish machining, which I do in my spare bedroom.  My tool bench consists solely of a dremel.  Then are then shipped via UPS to my brother-in-law who shoots them with Great Value brand black paint.  

candt's brother-in-law sends the "finished" receivers to me so I can assemble them with my homemade parts kit that consists of spare dirtbike and tractor parts from my farm.

WIZZO

(btw, you can know for sure that it isn't Armalite. They have their own forging dies, IIRC)
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Its a wonder you make any money with all the shipping cost added in.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#8]
We strap them to the backs of rabbits.

They're fast and can eat grass along the bunny trail they're hopping down from their houses to mine.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As above, who built this upper?

I built this upper!

C4

www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Grant's%20weapons/Noveske%2016%20SPR%20SN-4%20close%20up.jpg

i have built quite a few uppers in my time too but none are as nice as the ones grant has built
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:56:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
We strap them to the backs of rabbits.

They're fast and can eat grass along the bunny trail they're hopping down from their houses to mine.

WIZZO

Rabbits go in circles...you guys must live on a Cul-de-Sac.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top