Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 11:06:32 AM EDT
Ok, so while I was shooting the other day, my range buddies and I noticed that sometimes my trigger would not reset. When jiggled or if the upper was popped and the hammer pressed it would reset,  and be shootable again.

But when it's not reset. the trigger just won't move back, and obviously won't shoot. I can't replicate this through the function check or dry fire, but I did simulate it by getting the hammer to hold back on that notch on the trigger. Sorry if I don't know the names, it's been a while since I've messed with lower parts. Pics of the issue:

The first picture is what it looks like when the problem is there. The second pic is how the hammer looks normally.  In the picture I have to hold down the trigger, but when shooting this seems to happen here and there. I'm not sure if it is happening when I am shooting slowly and holding back after each shot, because I only had it happen to me when I was shooting fast.

I'm not sure if a part is worn or not, but any ideas on what  I might need to do will be greatly appreciated.

I hadn't cleaned the lower out but it just had mostly a lot of CLP in there that dripped down from the bolt carrier group, which I dried out now. Would that affect anything?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Check around in the FCG and make sure there isn't a cartridge primer floating around in there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I'll have to do that but I'm pretty sure there isn't. I did have one blown primer that I was aware of with that damn Radway Green ammo. I found it loose and it fell out, but when poking around and looking I didn't see anything else. Cleaned everything out with q-tips, but maybe I'll have to take another look.

Anyone else have any other ideas? Is it possibly a worn part somewhere?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#3]
maybe some junk under the disconnector?

I'd say if your comfortable doing so, pull out the trigger group
and give it a good inspection, much easier if it's out of the lower...
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmm, I hope not, but I guess that's what I'll have to do. This issue didn't happen all the time, just here and there, mostly when I wasn't shooting. Not sure if that was just chance though. Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top