Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 4:42:07 AM EDT
Wanting to put a Surefire M73 or something else for my upper.  Question, Which company makes the handgurds or free float system where the rails would line up with the rail on the flattop?  I want to get my EOtech a little more forward and cant do it right now with the stock carbine handguards as well as I love the look of the railed handguards or uppers to mount more stuff.

Thanks a million in advance

Joe
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#1]

Any of the rails can be "timed" with the rail on your upper...or do you want to make one continuous rail?

Since you plan to mount optics on your HG I would suggest one of the FF rails.  Samson or Troy comes to mind.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:27:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is a direct quote from Wes at MSTN:

Quoted:
THE PERSON DOING THE LARUE (or Daniel Defense, or KAC, or any other free-floating rail) FOREND INSTALLATION DETERMINES THE FOREND'S CORRECT ALIGNMENT WITH THE RECEIVER.

WITH THE TROY DESIGN, THE PERSON WHO INSTALLED THE BARREL NUT/DELTA RING ASSEMBLY DETERMINES THE TROY FOREND'S CORRECT ALIGNMENT WITH THE RECEIVER.

WES GRANT
M.S.T.N.

I added the red part.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#3]
the troy/samson is a continous rail setup the arms sir is also

most of the others have the locking nut that goes inbetween the upper and forearm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top