Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 7:03:06 PM EDT
I am looking for a set of tac handgaurds for my bushy and plan on using a TD vert grip.  Is there any difference in the quality and fit between YMH vs the MI?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have three sets of YHM and recently purchased the MI.  The YHM and MI both fit very nice and tight.  However, I like the darker color of the MI and the T-Markings.  I will only go MI in the future.  It's worth the extra $15-20 IMO.

eta:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=274307

SnakeEyes
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never used either one but I have done a little research on both and I would hands down choose MI over YHM
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Had the YHM HG. Bought a TDVG. Wouldn't fit. In steps the Dremel and finally made the TDVG fit.
Tight as a MF'er!

Saw the MI HG in the EE and ordered up a pair. Bought a new TDVG also.
The MI HG is very tight. Scraped my delta ring up pretty good.
The TDVG requires serious effort for one person, but it's rock solid.

MI HG was well worth the extra $20. RAS markings make it easy to remount accessories without second guessing.

My CMT A3 RAS #'d flat top sits perfectly level with the top rail on the MI HG.

MI HG's are hard to beat for a non-FF HG. You can find one NIB for +/- $130 delivered from a few dealers in the EE.

I keep looking for a used set in the EE, but there aren't any.
Maybe MI hasn't been out long enough or nobody wants to get rid of them.
I'm keeping mine and around for a used set.
I heard rifle length is coming soon.

HS1

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both and I'm very happy with both.

I've had the YHM for a year now and it has served me very reliably. I know others don't think mounting red dots to 2-peice hand guards is appropriate but I have had an Eotech moounted on mine and it has held zero reliably and properly cowitnesses.

When I bought a Colt 9mm rifle I went with the MI #17C as they are made to be used with Colt rifles. It went on very tight and also allows proper cowitnessing with an Eotech.

I know this doesn't help but I would feel confident using either one.

Bravo has the MI on sale right now, not a bad deal.
www.bravocompanyusa.com/Page2.html
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks like I will be ordering a set of MI from Bravo Company.  Thanks for the input.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top