Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 2:25:07 PM EDT
Finally bucked up and got a WOA-tuned RRA 2 Stage...
I don't vast 2 stage experience, but all I can say is this breaks NICE!

I do have few questions though:

Did anyone else have trouble with excess flash interfering with the trigger slot?
I made the decision to file it down the flash a tiny bit, but I'm not sure what to touch it up with?
cold blue? black nail polish?!

Finally, the supplied pins went in pretty easily...I thought they were a tad oversized?
I doubt they'll walk out, but I expected to have to give 'em a decent tap to get them in.
I'm wondering if my lower might be a hair out of spec.

Sorry for the ramble, just wanted to see if this is unusual or not...?

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
My pins were hard for me to get in on my WOA trigger on my RRA lower...other than that it was/is fine.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]
what trigger slot did you file down?

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, I didn't file the receiver, I just got rid if a bit of flash of the sides of the actual trigger.

So, one of two things was going on; either my lower (Ameetec) has a small trigger opening,
or the RRA trigger wasn't cleaned up enough.

It's weird, all my "low end" M1S stuff (trigger and my upper) fit a bit better than
my fancy CMMG and RRA stuff!

Whatever, it functions fine...it just surprised me.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Removing a bit of "flash" as you call it is not that uncommon. I have seen the same with the Jewell triggers. Some trigger wells are a bit tighter than others. Don't worry about it. You can cold blue if you want, personally I would not worry about it, it will be just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top