Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 12:02:08 PM EDT
My first post as a member!

Bought a new AR two weeks ago, and today I finally reached the 1000 round mark. I am pleased to report that the rifle passed my basic reliability test, which is simply the aforementioned round count with no cleaning or additional lubricant, and no malfunctions. After struggling with a less-than-perfect AR for 10 months, I'm just glad to finally have a weapon reliable enough to take to class.

And of course, the obligatory photo.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Rock!  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Which class are you attending?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]
DUDE!  There's scratches on your gun!  

You need one of those thingies on your brass deflector that prevents brass marks....
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You need one of those thingies on your brass deflector that prevents brass marks....

Lumpy - you know better, those aren't scratches.

They are beauty marks
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully a local one in the fall. Also want to go to F.I.R.E. Institute. I am just now exploring the possibilities as I have been held back by equipment. Plus, I want many more rounds through the gun, just to make sure. I think this one is a keeper though.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Bushmaster, Colt , RRA ?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Hopefully a local one in the fall. Also want to go to F.I.R.E. Institute. I am just now exploring the possibilities as I have been held back by equipment. Plus, I want many more rounds through the gun, just to make sure. I think this one is a keeper though.

FIRE Institute is great.   Forest, Bugler and I are headed there (again) next weekend.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice looking gun who made it
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lumpy - you know better, those aren't scratches.

They are beauty marks

I must be hanging out here too often, because something along the lines of "beauty marks" was my first thought.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#10]
my guess would be colt!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I know this is REALLY hard to believe...but I was being sarchastic.

I know, I know, very unusual for me.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#12]
The hell you say!

Vinh-  Nice pic, and this is the first time I can remember someone has made a thread about their weapon without having to yell and carry on about what make it is.  Nicely done.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:40:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks good!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:29:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yes, that weapon is totally UNSAT!!!!

Clean that weapon up and quarantine it to your safe for at least ten years.  Maybe by then it will look like it's new, shiney self again.

Good luck with the class.  It is, by far the most fun I've had handling a weapon.  Additionally, in the one day I was able to attend, I learned more about the AR than I had up until that point.  I've owned them for going on seven years now.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:31:07 AM EDT
[#15]
That's kind of ironic.

My personal M4 (a colt ) in Iraq is only probably good for 300-400 flawlessly reliable rounds before it starts giving me crap, but I consider it fine as I only carry 252 rounds.  

Which leads one to wonder... what happens if the thing malf's in a class? Do they chop off your ears or what?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:37:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
My personal M4 (a colt ) in Iraq is only probably good for 300-400 flawlessly reliable rounds before it starts giving me crap, but I consider it fine as I only carry 252 rounds.  

Living in a talcum powder environment may have contributed to the difference.  And no, they don't chop your ears off, but they do make them red when they single you out in front of the whole relay.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:44:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Which leads one to wonder... what happens if the thing malf's in a class?

Transition to secondary firearm!

Green0,

Have you guys tried Strike Hold?  My brother who just got back from A-Stan said they used it with great results in the nasty, dusty environment they were in.

I need to get some and give it a try.

GENERAL USE:                                                    Strike-Hold is a fast acting penetrant that immediately cuts through dirt, rust, carbon, and scale to quickly get into metal parts that have become frozen by or encrusted with corrosion and oxidation.  This product provides a long-lasting dry lubricant, which reduces friction and will not build up or become brittle.  As a demoisturant, Strike-Hold helps dry out wet electrical gears and other water sensitive parts.  As a protectant, this product provides a shield-like film against the effects of moisture and corrosion, even against salt water, while actually REPELLING SAND, DIRT AND DUST.  Strike-Hold contains no CFCs or other ozone depleting substances.  Strike-Hold is non-flammable and very safe to use as directed.

WEAPONS MAINTENANCE:                            Strike-Hold is a highly penetrating mobile liquid and is intended for field application to satisfy the complete need of cleaning, lubricating, and long-term preservation of both small and large caliber weapons.  Strike-Hold facilitates the effective removal of firing residues, gums, and other contaminants from weapon components, while at the same time providing adequate lubrication and long-term preservation for reliable, durable operation in all climatic conditions.

www.strike-hold.com/index.htm
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Yes, the environmental difference. You also have automatic capability, which stresses the gun more.

I use Slip 2000, but don't know if that makes any difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top