Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 8:42:06 AM EDT
Im familiar with Colt markings but getting into Rock River projects for the first time.  How can one tell whether an RRA barrel is fully chrome lined or just chrome moly ?  What markings should I be looking for?

Thanks, Joe
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at the end of the barrel and see if you can see the chrome.  Most of the time it can be seen around the crown of the barrel and in the chamber.

Send me an email and I will send you a pic that makes it easy to tell.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
It could be one or the other, both, or neither.

Chrome moly does not refer to what type of coating is in the barrel.  it refers to what type of material the barrel itself if made up (what type of metal).  

Dealers simply state that its a "chrome moly" barrel to make people think its chrome lined.  They are not lying but they are trying to deceive the buyer into thinking its chrome lined.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Chrome moly does not refer to what type of coating is in the barrel.  it refers to what type of material the barrel itself if made up (what type of metal).  

Dealers simply state that its a "chrome moly" barrel to make people think its chrome lined.  They are not lying but they are trying to deceive the buyer into thinking its chrome lined.  

which is lying!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

which is lying!

I think that is one of the reasons RRA is marking their barrels and uppers now.  RRA started developing a good reputation and shady dealers suddenly started selling "rock river" parts.  Rock River marks their barrels under the handguard near the barrel nut.  I don't remember the markings for chrome lining off hand.  After spending 15 minutes trying to get my handguards off, my thumbs are tired.  As soon as I eat my Wheaties I'll give it another go.  Maybe one of the other RRA owners will beat me to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top