Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 8:40:56 PM EDT
Has anyone ever replaced their firing pin retainer pin with one of these?

www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=890682

It does not seem to fit 100% flush with the carrier.  What does not look right to me is the flat head of the pin protrudes straight up about 1mm out of the countersink and breaks the radius of the carrier on the top left. It is all the way in.

Anything special to keep in mind when installing one?

JR
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing special needed to install one. These replacement firing pin retainers are copies of the original AR15/M16 firing pin retaining pin.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
That very slight extension from the body does exactly no harm, as it doesn't extend any further fronm the body as many of the heads of cotter pins that are used.  

What does tic me off about the one I got, to use w/the original Colt M16 smoothside carrier, is that the other end is about 3mm too short. Thus, you can't use the bullet point to push the piece out far enough to grab the head and pull it out.  I have to use a straightened out paper clip to get the thing far enough out.

I'll keep it in my carrier, and M16 clone, for the "authentic"look, but it's like a lot of other DPMS products I've had or seen.  Almost, but not quite.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top