Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2005 8:50:42 PM EDT
Looking for a new upper for my RR. This is going to be a blaster and not a duty upper.

Trying to decide between-

POF OCC 9.25" Upper

LMT/LaRue 10.5" Upper

Leitner-Wise 10 " upper

These new "piston uppers" have me curious as I know after blasting all day with my R/R, they can be a @%^#* to clean, but I know the LMT is tried and proven design.

Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated,

ASO544
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#1]
You didn't mention these Noveske uppers, but they seem to be quite popular (and highly regarded) these days.  If I was going for a short barreled carbine, I think I'd go this route with one of his Krink brakes that have been discussed here.  I'm intrigued by the piston systems, but I'm not sold on them.  There's enough people who are smarter than me who raise questions to their need that I'm not willing to take the plunge yet.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:16:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The Noveske 10.5" upper would also be a possibility. I already have a Noveske KFH on order for whatever upper I get.

Thanks,
ASO544
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure that flash hider will be nice on whatever you get.  A lot of folks have been heaping high praise on Noveske's brake and barrels.  I don't know if you are a fan of the 9-inch Larue rail, but otherwise that upper seems to fit your requirements.  I've wanted one myself.  I'm pretty happy with my LMT, but the Noveske does seem pretty compelling.  I would love to own a piston upper, too.  I'd own them all if I could afford it.  

Anyhow, Noveske would be my vote at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#4]
If your in the San Antonio/Austin area give me a ring and I'll let you shoot one of our Leitner-Wise piston guns. Offer is good to anyone. Bring your own ammo
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If your in the San Antonio/Austin area give me a ring and I'll let you shoot one of our Leitner-Wise piston guns. Offer is good to anyone. Bring your own ammo

Really?  IM/email inbound...

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I love NYC, but I wish I was in your neighborhood.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Looking for a new upper for my RR. This is going to be a blaster and not a duty upper.

Trying to decide between-

POF OCC 9.25" Upper

LMT/LaRue 10.5" Upper

Leitner-Wise 10 " upper

These new "piston uppers" have me curious as I know after blasting all day with my R/R, they can be a @%^#* to clean, but I know the LMT is tried and proven design.

Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated,

ASO544

Tough choice!  I'd lean towards the LMT/LaRue 10.5 or the L-W 10.5 myself.  I just really dislike the POF rail system.  If you can get the OCC with a Troy rail, that would be a nice setup.  L-W's piston design seems like the best engineered out there (though I haven't seen HK's 416 since the initial SHOT Show pics in '04).  

I have the LMT 10.5 with a Knight's RASII, Dieter grip, gasbuster, LMT buis, and a bi-lock for use with a Specwar2.  I love the upper but man it does get dirty when firing suppressed.

So in a roundabout way, I guess I'm saying to buy all three....ya know,  just to T&E.

Josh
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?  IM/email inbound...

Spooky

Currently we are limited to semi only, in about 2-3 weeks we'll have our post dealer samples ready with happy switches for the full auto experiance.

Don't hesitate to give us a call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top