Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 4:43:35 PM EDT
While I'm not a regular poster... just a regular reader.  So thanks everyone for their info on the board...

I'm finally getting around to putting uppers on my 2 complete Bushmaster s that's been sitting in the safe.  I planning on getting a 20" and 16" upper.  The 20" is going to be a flat-top, standard iron sight & handguard... using a ARMS #40 rear.... nothing special.  The 16" is getting all the goodies... M4 16" flat-top upper  with M4 chamber, standard front sight with ARMS #40 rear, and railled foreend.  Both using standard A2 flash.

But I have several questions, please throw all opinions my way to help me out.

1) CMT (Stag) or RRA uppers... any opinions on which?  Or something else all together?

2) The big questions... I'm looking for opinions on what rail system to get, pro & cons.  There are so many on the market that I'm not sure which I should get... Samson,  YHM,  Daniel Defense,  LaRue,  Surefire, Knight's, and ARMS.

Thanks everyone...

~NewbieDave

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
2) The big questions... I'm looking for opinions on what rail system to get, pro & cons.  There are so many on the market that I'm not sure which I should get... Samson,  YHM,  Daniel Defense,  LaRue,  Surefire, Knight's, and ARMS.

Thanks everyone...

~NewbieDave

I've only got time to address this question. First, have you searched the forums for info on rail systems? There's a FAQ that's tacked at the top of this forum that covers a lot on rail systems.

FAQ: The Big Thread On FF & Railed Forends

There is no shortage of info on rail systems here if you take the time to search for it. Your budget and needs can help you narrow down your options.

Opinions on them are not hard to find either but they don't matter. Do your research and in the end you will form your own opinion on what will work best for you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Hmmm... I must be blind, I didn't even see that tick.

Thanks!!!

~NewbieDave
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:20:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hmmm... I must be blind, I didn't even see that tick.

Thanks!!!

~NewbieDave

Ha! You're not blind, but just new to the site. There's a lot to take in.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:07:33 AM EDT
[#4]
The YHM forends are a great buy.   I've heard some people complain about them working loose...they use a jam nut to secure the tube.  I got the YHM wrench, which works great on the jam nuts, you can *really* crank down on them.  I've had NO trouble with my YHM tubes coming lose.  

I'm a weekend shooter on a budget, so I don't have $300 to spend on railed forends...the YHMs work for me.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:35:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:49:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
While I'm not a regular poster... just a regular reader.  So thanks everyone for their info on the board...

I'm finally getting around to putting uppers on my 2 complete Bushmaster s that's been sitting in the safe.  I planning on getting a 20" and 16" upper.  The 20" is going to be a flat-top, standard iron sight & handguard... using a ARMS #40 rear.... nothing special.  The 16" is getting all the goodies... M4 16" flat-top upper  with M4 chamber, standard front sight with ARMS #40 rear, and railled foreend.  Both using standard A2 flash.

But I have several questions, please throw all opinions my way to help me out.

1) CMT (Stag) or RRA uppers... any opinions on which?  Or something else all together?

2) The big questions... I'm looking for opinions on what rail system to get, pro & cons.  There are so man on the market that I'm not sure which I should get... Samson,  YHM,  Daniel Defense,  LaRue,  Surefire, Knight's, and ARMS.

Thanks everyone...

~NewbieDave

Other info you might not be aware of that might help. The spec operations Crane, selected three handguards as the ones they wanted, and gave three different contracts out, to KAC, ARMS, and Daniel Defense, at $16,666.666 to each comany.  Go from there, but they are for the carbine length, your 20" is a crap shoot depending on your needs.
Jack
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:58:15 AM EDT
[#8]
LaRue, or Daniel Defense.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:00:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#10]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top