Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 10:49:24 AM EDT
NewB here. Been reading as much as I can. I'm in the market for an M4 with 16" crhome barrel and wanted to know the pros/cons of the different makers. Most interested in RRA, Bush, Armalite, and Colt. Not as worried about the price as I am about reliablility, compatibility, workmanship, etc.  I want to be able to mod it but I'm just getting started.
Can you please post the goods/bads of each of the makers and good places to purchase? Th SEBR carbine looks nice. I'm also able to get to local un shows pretty often so I may be able to get a good deal there.
Thanks for your help.

P.S. I tried searching but there is just too much to sort through.
Thanks again!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone? Links to other posts would work also. Thanks!hinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#2]
One which I have not updated in a year or so: AR Brands
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Something I find interesting as a manufacturer...

I hear people arguing over brand X and brand y.  Which is better.  Recently when speaking with a receiver manufacturer, I found out they made both x and y on variance from the ATF.  I think if you guys knew how many of the receivers come out of only a few different places, you would be shocked and folks wouldn't have that issue to argue about any more.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:24:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Pro:  Some cost less.
Con:  Some cost more.

On the flip side:

Pro:  Some cost more.
Con:  Some cost less.

There's a moral in that story somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

On the flip side:

That makes sense to me...put another way; six of one, half dozen of the other when it comes to picking one of those brands.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the flip side:

That makes sense to me...put another way; six of one, half dozen of the other when it comes to picking one of those brands.

Or, you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Avoid all the Bravo Sierra by purchasing quality parts and building it yourself...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:48:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Something I find interesting as a manufacturer...

I hear people arguing over brand X and brand y.  Which is better.  Recently when speaking with a receiver manufacturer, I found out they made both x and y on variance from the ATF.  I think if you guys knew how many of the receivers come out of only a few different places, you would be shocked and folks wouldn't have that issue to argue about any more.

Ain't that the truth!  Do some research and you'll find out how to identify the forgings by the forging marks.  Then as soon as you realize that (almost) every manufacturer outsources their parts, AR's don't seem quite so expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top