Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2005 9:25:13 AM EDT
I received word from my Unit that a AMTU "Designated Marksman Course" was being offered at Ft. Benning in Oct- Feb. 06. I went straight up the Chain of Command and requested a slot. Well I was approved up to S-3 and am waiting on Funding approval (end of year). The school says Im a go soon as my S-3 approves funding.
NOW the Problem, I just sunk all this money into an AR10 project.
The school recommends bringing your Own ACOG and if possible your own rifle.
Rifles are "rack grade" and they have a limited number of ACOGs at the AMTU offing it and my unit does not have them. According to the Course paper work the course can be shot with Irons however, IRONS!!!! Hell No Im an ARFcomer I got to get an ACOG and Rifle for this. RIGHT?????

I turned to Steve at ADCO Firearms
I explained my situation to Steve and needless to say, without getting into details, he went the extra mile to help me get what I needed for the course.
Specs:
ADCO DMR style Upper.
RRA upper receiver.
WOA STainless Bbl Fluted under handguard and KG coated Black. 1x8 twist
DD free float tube
LMT defender 2000 Lower (from GTS)
TD Grips and panels.  (still need one for bottom lost oone somewhere???)
TA31F (from Steve at ADCO)
LARUE ACOG mount (from Grant.)

I still need a BUIS for the Rear but am out of cash for now, hahahaha.

Needless to say Its an Awsome rifle Im heading to the range Tommorrow morning to ring her in.
Ill do a range report soon as Im back in.

Sorry if I bored you But I wanted to express My thanks to Steve for REALLY helping me out!!!!
Good People!!
chuck
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#2]
SOSDD from Steve.

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep- I,m Happy with my  DMR set up from ADCO also.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:33:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice rifle. Thank you for sharing the pics. Realize that you now won't be able to use the weapon as an excuse. I expect you to get out there and light that thing up!

Be well!

[email protected]
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
nice
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok here are some groups I shot today.
200 yards from the Bi-pod prone.
75 degrees no wind
shooting Black hills 68gr BTHP (moly)
Left to right.
Target 1 left 3 were first fired measure 2"  low left. made minor adjustment to bring her up 2nd 3 on right 2"

Target 2  6 o'clock hold 7 shot group 2 left flyers were my fault. High one is my buddy F...ing around

Target 3 was center hold, big hole is a .308 round I let another  guy on the range spot one of his before firing.

Groups are 1" - 2" Max spread.
I fired all groups with 2-3 second intervals barrel got Hot but did not seem to affect it too much. I wasnt taking much time but its obvious that when the barrel breaks in and if I take my time this rifle kicks ass.
ZERO malfunctions.
STEVE thanks again for an outstanding rifle and deal

chuck
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice shooting. That is most definitely sub-MOA. hippie.gif
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top