Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2005 8:16:53 PM EDT
I have a barrel with this marking on the top, forward of the FSB:

(C)       MP

5.56 NATO 1/7

My question is this; Is anyone familiar with the (C) mark... that is a "C" with parenthesis around it?
I am aware that a "C" by itself indicates a Colt barrel, but I have not seen one with the ( ) around it.
I was told this was in fact a Colt barrel when I acquired it. This may not be unusual, but I can't remember seeing it before.
...then again...I don't get out much  
-Vic
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 6:45:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Not personally acquainted w/the ( ) marking, but I'm wondering if it's not meant to designate something different about the barrel, from the standard issue GI specs.

Like:
Is it a government profile, or a heavy (behaind the front sight base) type?

Is it fully chrome lined, or is it unlined, or just chamber lined?

Colt has been known to vary markings on civie market stuff from what they put on the things that are for, or duplicate, GI spec pieces.

Link Posted: 7/24/2005 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]
C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7  
Colt Magnafluxed, in 5.56 NATO, 1 in 7 twist
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:18:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies ...I'm thinking that shamayim may have hit on it. This could very well be a "chrome chamber" designation. That is what the barrel seems to have upon visual inspection.
It is M4 configuration, light under the handguards.

-Vic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top