Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2005 8:39:42 AM EDT
Anyone have experience with Armalite's Fiber Quad free-float tube?  Wonering about durability and how it compares to YHM lightweight 4-rail tube.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:08:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an AR-10 carbine with that free float handguard.

It looks cool. That is about the extent of it's usefullness for me.

The rails on mine are off center. It bugs me, but since I don't have anything to put on the rails, it is a minor issue. Mine comes loose all the time, which is more than a minor issue, but I think I could cure that  with a little loktite on the threads.

I can't speak of the weight compared to other options, as I don't have any experience to speak from.

The off center rail issue can only be fixed by replacing the handguard. The unit is three pieces that are epoxied together. I got a wonky one. Armalite would replace it for me, I am sure. I dislike returning firearms for warranty work, so I just ignore the defect.

I bought it strictly for looks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top