Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2005 11:51:47 AM EDT
I was reminded of this by mach6's post in this thread:

Semi-Auto Sniper System (SASS)   (Page 3)

Quoted:

There are exceptions to this bureaucratic principal, however just as there's a flip side to every argument. In all fairness to the Army and ARDEC in particular, the new CQB Kit program for the M-4A1 should be commended.  

Does anyone know where the CQB Kit program is at in the process?  I'm interested in what products will ultimately end up getting selected.  Does anyone know who the front runners are?

TIA,

Corey
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#1]
FWIW:  There were several pre-solicitation notices issued in early February for individual components of the CQB Kit.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
FWIW:  There were several pre-solicitation notices issued in early February for individual components of the CQB Kit.

I don't know what that means.  

Can you give me the laymans version?  

Thanks,

Corey
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#3]
tagged
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Approximately 12 items are part of the CQB upgrade program, which is designed to extend the servcice life of the M4 and simply enhance the carbine's overall performance with Commercial Off-The Shelf Solutions (COTS).  Look to Fed Biz Opps and insert "CQB" as a search parameter.  You'll get everything you need there.  the only item dropped, unfortunately from the CQB program was the enhanced flash hider requirement.  the logic behind dropping the flash hider for the CQB program (at this point in time) is to be found in another Army ARDEC program encompassing a family of sound and flash suppressors for all small arms.  The Army didn't want to adopt a given flash hider for the CQB variant, only to to have compatibility problems later should a forthcoming suppressor require a different flash hider/suppressor interface.    
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Very good info.

Do you know who is in the running for CQB kit rails?  (Troy, KAC, etc.?)

Thanks,

Corey
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do you know who is in the running for CQB kit rails?  (Troy, KAC, etc.?)

From what I've read in the pre-solicitation notice, it looks like they want a forward rail bracket that can easily clamp onto any M4 or M16A2 that isn't already fitted with KAC's RAS.  In other words, it would appear they are looking at something along the lines of Diemaco's TRI-AD (although not necessarily that specific accessory).  

Those in-the-know, please correct me if I'm reading it wrong.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:17:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Look to Fed Biz Opps and insert "CQB" as a search parameter.  You'll get everything you need there.

Huh?  Can you point me in the direction of "Fed Biz Opps"?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Link to a FBO Search Page
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:  In other words, it would appear they are looking at something along the lines of Diemaco's TRI-AD (although not necessarily that specific accessory).  

DEAR LORD, SAY IT AIN'T SO...
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link to a FBO Search Page

Thank you.

That site is familiar.  Saw it about a year ago? I can't believe I didn't bookmark it/forgot about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top