Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 12:22:05 AM EDT
Hello,

I'm about to buy a PRI flip up front sight. The barrel is .750 in diameter and without any front sight. Will the PRI sight fit the barrel as it doesn't have cuts for standard front sight post???

thanks!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 12:26:39 AM EDT
[#1]

PRI makes three types of sights.  One setscrews to the barrel and the other two, pictured above, have cross bolts.  For a barrel like yours, you want the one where the cross bolts pass completely under the barrel profile, like the one on the left.  The one on the right requires slots in the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:15:18 AM EDT
[#2]
THANK YOU!!!! Is there any specific name for that "no-slots" model that I need? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:21:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
THANK YOU!!!! Is there any specific name for that "no-slots" model that I need? Thanks.

I'm not sure.  I would ask specifically for the one with the cross bolts that pass under the barrel profile, rather than through it.  A confirming picture may also be helpful, if needed, before you purchase.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:31:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll do that thanks!! One more thing, could you measure the lenght of the whole PRI unit? This is pretty crucial, since I have extremely shot barrel and I'm using a sound suppressor...need to be sure that it fits. Thanks again, mate!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:39:22 AM EDT
[#5]
It measures approx. 1.852".
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#6]
....and the gap between the SIR and the suppressor measures 1.875"

Mongo, I hope you measured it properly

Thanks for your help, dude!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
....and the gap between the SIR and the suppressor measures 1.875"

Mongo, I hope you measured it properly

Thanks for your help, dude!!!

I measured it twice, just to make sure.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks!!!! You're da MAN!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top