Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 2:52:01 PM EDT
Can someone give me some info about these lowers .  How is the fit and finish? Anyone had any problems with any.  Any info would be helpful.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#1]
try a search lots of info. I like mine, good fit&finish no probs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought a flat top Mega upper and am very impressed with the workmanship of the piece.  I cant wait to find a lower and put it all together.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Do the searchm they've been talked about many times before.

I recently received a Mega flat-top upper to use on my Mega lower and I cannot believe the fit between the two.  The takedown and pivot pins slide in and out without too much effort yet there is absolutely not wiggle between the two receivers.  IOW, a perfect fit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I am in the process of my first AR build.  I am waiting on parts so I will have to limit my opinions to the quality of the machine work and finish.  So far, I like my Mega.  Very clean machining, beautiful even BLACK finish, I'm happy.  In comparison, while looking at many new factory AR's at a recent gunshow, few lowers were as impressive as the Mega.  As an example, I am surprised how many manufacturers hardly touch the forge separation lines, even the big names.  Yet, there is no roughness or separation lines to be seen anywhere on the Mega.  I came away with a new appreciation of what some of the smaller machine shops can turn out.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:37:05 AM EDT
[#5]
all of mine had great fit and function

no complaints here. also the logo is cool too
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:55:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't mean to hi-jack but, who has them available? (Uppers and lowers)  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:05:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought mine from Ameetec.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Got mine from Clinton at carricos armory in the EE
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the Mega Gator. I like the finish a lot. However, mine had the tight magwell where most mags do not drop or insert freely. Had to send it back to them to rework. Still snug, but much better.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I have six.  All had very good finishes.  Fit was fine on all but one - it had some problems with the threading for the receiver extension, but nothing I wasn't able to overcome without exchanging it.  Overall, I've been very happy with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top