Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2005 3:32:44 PM EDT
Howdy all,

I was shooting my AR last week in the cold while wearing a pair of the foldback mittens/fingerless gloves and found that although the gloves worked well it was somewhat difficult to operate the safety selector.  I saw the RRA "star" safety selector and it looks like it would work a lot better with gloves.  

Has anyone used it, and any comments you can give about it?  Is it easier to operate with gloves than the standard safety selector? I think I might get one but wanted to see what people have to say first.

Thanks,

Dawg
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I used one for a couple months but found it was slow to activate/deactivate gloved or not. I switched back to standard safety.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I got to play with one and found a lack of tactile feel with gloves on.  It felt like the spring was not strong enough, might have been the gun.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine worked fine w/ gloves.  A positive index.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:15:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Let me amend my question by asking this:

Is the RRA "Star" selector BETTER than a standard selector when using gloves?

That is what I was relly trying to ask, but worded poorly.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]
To me its better, The lil' tit sticking out help a lot.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Let me amend my question by asking this:

Is the RRA "Star" selector BETTER than a standard selector when using gloves?

That is what I was relly trying to ask, but worded poorly.

I've got both, my Star selector is pretty crisp (lot's of spring).   It sticks out more, it does seem a bit better with gloves
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top