Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2005 3:20:22 PM EDT
When using a telestock with a 20" barrel, are there any problems regarding timing, buffer mass, etc?

I'm planning such a configuration with a 5.5oz 9mm buffer and I don't expect any problems, but I'm checking in with everyone first.  Anyone have any problems?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean like this?

I'll let you know after I go to the range tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
When using a telestock with a 20" barrel, are there any problems regarding timing, buffer mass, etc?

Nope...although I am not running one now, I have many times in the past without any problems...have some genuine no-ban fun w/ your AR...
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:06:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Unless you just already have a 9mm buffer, you do NOT need one.  The standard carbine buffer works just fine.

Consider this... The rifle length gas system has LOWER pressure than the carbine system, so the shorter, lighter weight buffer on the carbine theoretically would work BETTER in the rifle than the carbine.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Now I remember who I lent my camo tarp to.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Range Report.
Put about 120 rounds through it with no problems. Put all the brass in a nice little pile.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#6]
well, that helps me out as well. i'm about to change out my stock and barrel, 20" hbar, to a superlight with coll. stock.so now, i can aquire a flattop upper, put the 20" on that, and be able to use it, with a big scope,without going to the expense of another lower! i feel much better now....i know, you're gonna say just build another rifle, but seems i'm "finanially embarrassed", and will probably stay that way....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top