Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2005 4:24:17 AM EDT
I've got a Colt H-Bar Target lower with a 24"bull upper, free floated, flat top.  I'm interested in a much lighter weight barrel so I can lug the beast around.  Looking for a precision barrel, 1x9 twist and prefer a black finish, stainless too bright but I can always paint it.  Most of my coyote shots are at 100 - 150 yds.  Want the barrel ready to install.  What about the bushy varminter barrel, it is available?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want a precision barrel I'd get a WOA 1/7 DCM S.S. barrel from ADCO and have it KG coated black.  It comes without the FSB, check it out here WOA Barrel @ Adco
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,  my post was not specific enough,  I'm shooting short range, 100-150yds,  thought the 1x9 was best twist for that,  1x7 need to shoot heavy rounds? 69gr plus?  Anyway, looked at the barrel you mentioned, interesting.  I'm installing a Jewell trigger now, first time, going OK, should test fire soon, then I'm ready to find the barrel.

The 1x7 twist seems to be a hot topic but I'm not a reloader of .223 at this time.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:06:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks,  my post was not specific enough,  I'm shooting short range, 100-150yds,  thought the 1x9 was best twist for that,  1x7 need to shoot heavy rounds? 69gr plus?  Anyway, looked at the barrel you mentioned, interesting.  I'm installing a Jewell trigger now, first time, going OK, should test fire soon, then I'm ready to find the barrel.

The 1x7 twist seems to be a hot topic but I'm not a reloader of .223 at this time.  

There is much to read in the Ammo Oracle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top