Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2005 4:24:43 PM EDT
Have you guys seen this?........... (offered by site mgm't on banner page)

Lauer Digital Camo pattern

I don't have a painted rig, but I kinda like this.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 1/31/2005 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#1]
good stuff (urban) I just wonder how easy it is to do yourself
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 2:55:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
good stuff (urban) I just wonder how easy it is to do yourself

I actually think that if I were to have an AR of mine 'painted' I would rely on an expert to do it. Chameleon weaponry is a business run by a guy around here who specializes in AR camo and does great quality work (seen it pictured  here)

Welcome to the site, Itchy. hope we hear more from you in the future!
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 5:19:41 AM EDT
[#3]
i like the urban mirageflage myself too.

almost ordered the do it yourself kit but wifey caught on real quick
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I hate when that happens

Link Posted: 2/1/2005 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Go get your balls out of the freezer or out of her purse or where ever she keeps them and order what you want!!!!

Link Posted: 2/1/2005 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go get your balls out of the freezer or out of her purse or where ever she keeps them and order what you want!!!!
www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-039.gif

you have no idea how many times have done that.  i tend to let things get out of hand when i start to order stuff, hmm i should oder this too since im here already and it would save on shipping, oh this too.......

everyone one that knows me says im an extremist, i still dont see it    

oh and the main reason i didnt order it was because i felt that something else that cost more was needed more so i had to reason with myself
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 3:22:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is my test of woodland digital furniture - not too bad for a 1st timer!

us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/4201695ez92618305/372c/__sr_/fa6b.jpg?ph2_WACB9udK.DV0[/urg]

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/4201695ez92618305/372c/__sr_/fa6b.jpg?ph2_WACB9udK.DV0
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey!  Where's my dang blangit picture - I hate this!

pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/allofmypics/detail?.dir=372c&.dnm=fa6b.jpg&.src=ph
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#10]
photobucket.com/albums/v642/fastsh00ter/?

If this doesn't work I'm giving up!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v642/fastsh00ter/?
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#11]
DANG IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

photobucket.com/albums/v642/fastsh00ter/?action=view¤t=WoodlandDigital.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v642/fastsh00ter/?action=view¤t=WoodlandDigital.jpg
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here is my test of woodland digital furniture - not too bad for a 1st timer!

Link Posted: 2/2/2005 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#13]
[http://photobucket.com/albums/v642/fastsh00ter/?action=view¤t=WoodlandDigital.jpg]
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'm trying to help out, but none of the URLs are coming up with pics.
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I get this when I try to access the URL:

"Forbidden
You do not have permission to get the requested URL from this server."

If you are posting pics to a site that requires a password for access, it won't work.  Try www.imageshack.us or www.tinypic.com.

Link Posted: 2/2/2005 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah studip thing.  My pics were showing but everytime I refreshed they would go away!

SORRY  EVERONE!

Long time lurker first time picture poster
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#17]
http://img112.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img112&image=woodlanddigital4le.jpg
[http://img112.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img112&image=woodlanddigital4le.jpg]
img112.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img112&image=woodlanddigital4le.jpg
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#18]
http://img112.exs.cx/img112/5693/woodlanddigital4le.jpg

I'm outa ideas!  PS I did read the HELP thread on how to do this!
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#19]
My plan:

1)  Accumulate firearms and firearm accessories before marriage.   Buy two vaults for said firearms.  One vault is labeled "sold" and the other labeled "unsold".

2)  After marriage, never tell the wife about them.  Keep them in a vault that is only accessed when I go to the range, go hunting, etc.  Keep one or two at home for defense purposes and to keep suspicion from being aroused.

3)  When told to sell one, agree.  Take it to the "sold" vault so I will remember not to take that one home again.  The date each firearm is deposited in the "sold" vault should be placed on a tag attached to the gun.  Depending upon wifes memory, the gun can eventually be rotated back to the "unsold" vault.  The same goes for firearms belonging to wife.  If they are not worth keeping due to wifes neglect (or because you already have one she doesn't know about) a real sale is in order.  Otherwise, they can be deposited in the "sold" vault upon orders to sell them.

4)  The next time I get wife approval to "buy" a gun, go to the vault that does not contain the "sold" guns and bring one of them home.  

5)  When the supply in the "unsold" vault becomes depleted, buy more guns.  Buy additional "sold" vaults as necessary.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#20]
http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=1j14sm

[http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=1j14sm]

img[http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=1j14sm]/url

tinypic.com/view.html?pic=1j14sm
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#21]
this might be it

ETA Yup that worked.

wolf
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 7:07:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#24]
don't know ,, I just can't get into the whole painting thing.  Mil side ya when needed.
But on the civie side I just don't see it.  What are you hinding from?  A deer?
rabbit, etc.  

To each their own though.

wolf
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 4:56:17 AM EDT
[#25]
thanks wolf - how did you get it to work?  
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 12:56:47 AM EDT
[#26]
copying the location then hit the "image" button and pasted in there.
Real easy man..

wolf
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 3:20:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Personally I have thrown this idea around for a long time, should i do it myself or send it off to someone. First off the Laurer color schemes are pleasing to the eye (that Urban one is just plan awesome), problem is I really don't think they are extremely "practical", meaning your gun will melt into enviroment. I guess it depends on what you are wanting. If you want a rifle that looks awesome, then I would go with a custom job. The best camo jobs I have personally seen for the field have been done with several cans of krylon and some camo. The digital camo I really question as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 6:19:03 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Yeah studip thing.  My pics were showing but everytime I refreshed they would go away!

SORRY  EVERONE!

Long time lurker first time picture poster

Hey, thanks for the laughs.  Virtual slapstick.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 6:23:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
My plan:

Or just do like I did, marry a woman who can't tell a rifle from a shotgun.  She just knows that some are black, some are shiny, some are long and some you hold in your hand.

Sell one?  Sure.  Is this a new one?  Nope, had it for a while now.  She doesn't have a clue.  

There ARE advantages to having a wife that doesn't share your firearm collecting passion.

Just don't let her know.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Fastshooter,
How did you paint the pattern on it ? I have been working on such a camo job and am thinking of using contact paper for decal material.
Cazador 2hippie.gif
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Here is a digital layout that I did about a year ago.

Link Posted: 2/23/2005 9:06:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Those look, great.

I think it is more about personal preference than it is melting into an environment (for civilians)

Military applications are all together different.

Much like people paint their cars or bikes, many like to personalize their guns.

IF I were to do one of mine, I'd say the digital pattern looks good, or of course the coyote, desert tan etc. a close second

Then again, its all about giving your rig a personal touch rather than just another black AR.

thanks for the replies
Link Posted: 2/23/2005 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#33]
The M4 looks great.  I would like to get my AR painted when I get finished putting it all together.  I basically just want to do it because it looks cool.  I know I don't really have anything to hide from and it will not really serve a big purpose other than being pleasing to the eye.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Fastshooter,
How did you paint the pattern on it ? I have been working on such a camo job and am thinking of using contact paper for decal material.
Cazador 2hippie.gif

This was just a quick attempt on some old furniture I had collecting dust.  Something to do on a weekend I guess.
Fist I took a picture of woodland digital patern on the computer and using a photo editing program made all the colors print on seperate pieces of cardstock.
I then cut them out with an exact to make a stencil.  I then sprayed each color in order to give it the propper layer effect.
I had to do some touch up here and there due to some oops's.

Overall not too bad but I think with some better tools (like a airbrush) it could have been even better!

I am considering selling the stuff I did in the photo if you are interested e-mail me and we can work something out.

Hope all this helps,
Fastsh00ter
hug.gif
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Remember the old joke about most fishing lures aren't designed to catch fish, they're designed to catch FISHERMEN? It applies to camo paint jobs on guns, too. Many of them look "real purty" but aren't particularly effective.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:33:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Yup, sometimes just too much "Bling" to blend!  

ETA: Dang, gotta figure this picture stuff out!

ETA:  Got it!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:08:41 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Yup, sometimes just too much "Bling" to blend!  
www2.propichosting.com/Images/421550457/2.jpg
www2.propichosting.com/Images/421550457/5.jpg
www2.propichosting.com/Images/421550457/6.jpg
ETA: Dang, gotta figure this stuff out!

nice job Banzai.

That would blend in, but CoC prevents me from saying where.

That looks great, and good to see killer custom paint works on firearms, instead of just cars, bikes, etc.

are you the painter?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:32:01 AM EDT
[#38]
LOL, glad you like it!  It definately does not look out of place at something like the Varmint Hunters Association Jamboree!  It's a Savage short action super trued, custom made and polished tactical bolt handle, bedded in a Sharp Shooters Supply fiberglass stock, with a Rifle Basix 4oz trigger, Douglas polished stainless 24inch .204 Ruger tube, and a Sightron 4-16 dot in Burris rings/mounts.  Shoots a true 1/4 MOA for 5 rounds with handloads.  You don't wanna know how much money I have in it, but it was all worth it.  Makes PDs and squirrels leap and split when ya whack 'em!  

I had it painted at the local independant motorcycle shop.  The guy up there does all my show stocks, mostly on benchrest guns, for about $200-$300, depending on how mild or wild I get.  The pictures are an example of $200 work.

Tom  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Not an AR, but I did this paint job about a year ago.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I like the digital stuff but am more a free hand camo guy myself...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top