Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2005 7:03:20 AM EDT
having a hell of a time finding this barrel, wanting to stay away from SS, chrome lined and match barrels but all i'm finding is 1 in 9 twist SS and match barrels.
thanks for any help with this.

16" M4 1:7 or 1:8 twist NON chrome lined in black.. rifle or M4 feed ramped.  only wanting the barrel & barrel nut.
no front sight base no flash hider, but needs to be a prepaired barrel for those
so I can just install them later. I have most all other parts barrel and nut is all I need.
tying to keep price less than $225

my GF wants to build an upper, wants me to show her how but wants to put EVERYTHING togetherhavingbasic end result is going to be an 16" M4 upper 1:7 or 1:8 twist A2 flashhider, A2 front site base  WITHOUT lug. New Logo RRA lower and RRA A4 upper receiver.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:20:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Find a Colt distributor, like Specialized Armament, and pay $495 for one.  

CMMG makes one also.

Not sure if Bushmaster would have made one or not, but a call may be in order.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Best bet is gonna be CMMG.  
The barrels are excellent.    

EDIT:  Saw you were asking for a NON CHROME LINED barrel w/ a 1 in 7 twist.

Good luck.  Never seen a non CLed 1 in 7 or 1 in 8 twist barrel that wasnt CLed or SS.  
If you want the 1 in 7 you'll either have to order it custom from a barrelmaker, or get the CLed.  And the second option is going to be the cheaper of the 2.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]
kinda thought I was looking for the impossible for a 1 in 7 and non chrome lined. trying to cut cost. looks like cmmg is as close as i'll get for a 16" M4 1in7 for $225

any better luck finding a black  1 in 8 or even if it has the flashhider and front sight base? any chance of cutting some off that $225,
needing more in the range of $160
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
16" M4 1:7 or 1:8 twist NON chrome lined in black.. rifle or M4 feed ramped.

That's such an odd request, I breezed over that little detail as well.  Lilja made some M4 barrels for the military and had an overrun sale.  Pricey too, though and they may not come in black.

Lilja M4 Barrel

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From the Lilja website:

Production Overrun: AR-type barrels.

After filling a military M-4 contract we have the following as extras. These barrels are perfect for rebarreling that AR with a short barrel, just screw on a barrel extension, crown and drill a gas port hole. They also require the short gas tube and a .750" diameter gas block. They are .224" caliber, have an 8" twist and 3-grooves and have been cryogenically treated. The overall length is 16.5", they are .980" dia. for 2.60" with a radius dropping down to .850" dia. and then .725" dia. out to the muzzle with a .750" dia. section for a gas block. These barrels are stainless steel, chambered for the .223 cartridge, threaded .812" - 16 TPI and also threaded .500" - 28 TPI at the muzzle.

We have reports of 1 MOA accuracy out to 600 yards in desert conditions.

Price: $325 each (just one left and at 2004 pricing)

Edited to add:  These are not drop in barrels, they need work, like extension installation and gas port drilling/reaming.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#6]
i in 7 twist is for heavy vld bullets for long range match shooting.  for a carbine 1 in 9, or 1 in 8 if you plan on loadin heavier bullets.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:24:13 AM EDT
[#7]
thanks guys,
decided to go with the cmmginc barrel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top