Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 4:58:29 AM EDT
Worth the money? Or are there better ones? I am thinking on ordering an RRA lower and was wodering if it was worth it to add this to it?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, i put one in my pwa lower when i was shooting service rifle, the 1st stage is take up and then it feels like 2 lbs. or so. Mine is on a varmint upper now, it makes it hard to shoot stock triggers.later,W.B.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:41:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. This will be put on my 24" upper.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Did they do it free of charge? If not what was the cost to have it fixed?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#5]
They simply polished opposing sear / hammer surfaces to equalize the wear.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a RRA 2-stage with thousands of rounds through it, and it's still as crisp as ever.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Zak-Smith!! I think this is the way I am going to go. Just found out a budy of mine has a new one and he would be willing to trade it for help moveing his sectional couch to storage. Thanks for all the feed back.

Edit to add: Its a complete RRA Lower not just the trigger group.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks Zak-Smith!! I think this is the way I am going to go. Just found out a budy of mine has a new one and he would be willing to trade it for help moveing his sectional couch to storage. Thanks for all the feed back.

Edit to add: Its a complete RRA Lower not just the trigger group.

Just for helping him move the sectional?

Geez...  Some guys have all the luck...  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've got a RRA 2-stage with thousands of rounds through it, and it's still as crisp as ever.

+1 - although probably not as many thosands of rounds as Zak!  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:31:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I just bought a RR Tactical Entry carbine with the two stage trigger.

Lots of take up, very long mushy pull on the second stage, too much overtravel after the break.

It feels lighter than a stock trigger. Other than that, it needs lots of work.

The rifle is not broken in. I have dry fired it maybe twenty times. That said, I don't see the firing group getting crisper or better in any way by breaking it in. I could achieve a nicer trigger pull on a stock firing group by doing a little home smithing.

Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:00:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I don’t know if its luck or if I just have dumb friends who don’t know what stuff like that is worth. Maybe I am just lucky I have dumb friends........

Well couch has been delivered to storage and I have the lower in my hand and my first AR build (with exception to the already assembled lower) is now done. What are the web sites that will allow me to share pictures? I will post them in the AR Discussion forum.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top