Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2005 2:05:34 AM EDT
I have an Essential Arms Pre-94 cast lower in M-16 grey. Does anyone own this type of lower and if yes have you experienced any problems, (cracks...)
Essential Arms have the J-15/2 and am thinking about building another black rifle.
BTW EA will be changing tooling over to manufacture forged lowers.
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have three guns built on EA pre-94 lowers and they all work fine--very happy with them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have recently seen some AR's built on Essential lowers that were from the 80's, and no, no cracks, no problems.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:06:28 AM EDT
[#5]
My dad has had an EA lower for a while.  It really does well, though there is one thing...over time the FCG holes will wear out a little, and you need to replace the pins with oversize pins.  It seems to happen sooner than with a forged lower.  Despite this, everything still runs really well.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:58:17 AM EDT
[#6]
If EA starts a remanufacture program, please let us know!

I have a preban EA cast lower.  I'd love to be able to have it remade as a forged.  This has no relevance for most free US citizens, but those of us behind the iron curtain in various "blue" states, like NY, still need verifiable prebans...

I've seen two very different EA lowers.  One, an exceptionally early cast lower with a three digit serial , was complete and unadulterated crap.  The other, a much later lower i ucrrently own, seems just fina in all respects.

Frozenny
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top