Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 9:35:24 PM EDT
Was looking at putting a RRA on my armalite lower back at the house. Main reason I go with RRA over the bushy is because the A4 upper is $50 + cheaper. Anyway I was reading the 6.8 section and they were saying the upper doesnt have any feed ramp cuts. I didnt see any cuts in the upper on my 16 here or remember seeing any on my bushy or armalite uppers at home. Can anyone explain a little more? I just see the ramp on the barrel extention and I have never had feed problems here or back at the house with any ammo even hp. So should I be snagging the RRA upper or just go with the armalite or bushy?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:34:11 AM EDT
[#1]
If you put an Armalite upper on that lower, the rifle will have better resale potential.

If you want the M4 feed ramp cuts, one of the three brands will surely have it. I just bought a RR Tactical Entry model saturday. It has the M4 feedramp extension cuts.

Do you need those cuts? Only if the upper will not work reliably without them. If all your mags are crap, you might benefit from the improved cuts. If you shoot full auto, you might benefit from the improved cuts. If you are shooting crappy Indian ammo with bullets hanging lopsided in the brass, you might benefit from the improved cuts.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top