Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 4:14:17 PM EDT
I'll start with a little history on my background,In the mid eighties to late ninety one,I was a LEO,of sorts,Myself and Others operated a covert drug eradication Unit in remote and some not so remote locations.I carried an M16 with collapsable buttstock and 11.5" bbl on most ops but later my Team started using AKs,in the really remote areas.Later,I did alot of volunteer work with the local Sheriffs dept,was a Range Officer for our local IPSC matches and helped,in a training capacity,with the depts SWAT team.Only after three failed Marriages,a fourth [and final]Marriage and the birth of my Son,I settled down.

I've been messing around with AKs for years,but I recently picked up a new Bushmaster M4 with fixed carry handle.In the past,I always kept my weapons simple but now I'm thinking about optics and possibly a light mount.I'm thinking about an ACOG and standard M4 handguards as one option.

My other option is an Aimpoint,but I'm not sure if I can mount it directly on the handguards,rail type,or if I would need an adapter.Any advise will be appreciated,and please no direct questions about where we operated.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:06:28 PM EDT
[#1]
the possibilities r endless,, they make an adapter plate that sits on top of handle for red dot scope..Aimpoint good choice...Go to bushmaster website and look under there accessories and such,,.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:53:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Grab a beverage and spend some time in the Optics forum.  Tons of good info.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Grab a beverage and spend some time in the Optics forum.  Tons of good info.  

Alright,I've popped the top on a Heineken and I'm on my way.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#4]
My suggestion to avoid weight and headaches is to get a flat top upper.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I would suggest a mini-ACOG for mounting on the carry handle.  

I wouldn't recommned mounting anything optics wise on the standard handgaurds no matter what you rig up.  If you want to mount an Aimpoint forward, get a gooseneck mount for your fixed carry handle.

For more versatility, I'd say get a flattop upper. A rail system (preferably one that free floats if you want to mount optics on it) would also add even more versatility.  But that's getting a bit more complicated.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My suggestion to avoid weight and headaches is to get a flat top upper.

I've decided to go with option one,TAO1 Acog with standard M4 handguards,I won't need a light mount for this rifle.My next one will definately be a flat top,and I'll complicate things a bit more.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#7]
ARMS makes a nice mount for an Aimpoint going on a carry handle.  I think it is a #16 or #16A.  They go about $90.  I had one on my old A2 for awhile.  Loved it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top