Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 9:59:33 AM EDT
I am looking for a 16 in, 1 in 7 twist, heavy carbine, chromed lined barrel with a 5.56 chamber and an M4 barrel extension.  I would like it fluted but I can have that done aftermarket.  I am not opposed to getting a custom made barrel but not sure where I should be looking.  I no longer have need for nor will I ever need a M203 again therefore I do not want a barrel with 203 cuts.  I find that a fluted barrel is more aesthetically pleasing and I buy off on the theory that a barrel cools faster with flutes. FALARAK has convinced me that I NEED a barrel with a 1 in 7 twist (damn him).
Can any point me into the right direction?
thanks
Dave
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Diemaco
But they dont sell to civilians.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally I don't know of anyone that makes a 1/7 HBAR.  I have seen some 1/7 m4 bbl that have been fluted and that looks cool as hell.  

Good luck.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster made a special run, but they were post ban, without the coveted bayonet lug and threaded barrel.  They also didn't have an M4 extension.  I have two in my safe right now.  They will soon have threaded muzzles, but I won't waste any time or money on a bayonet lug, just my opinion on the usefullness of that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree about the bayonet.  The only thing they were good for was entertainment value at a Division review or change-of-command.  A couple thousand guys with fixed bayonets on a North Carolina summer day.  Sooner or later somebody would lock their knees and pass out.  You can't buy that kind of quality entertainment

Anybody got a pic of an fluted M4 barrel?  That sounds interesting.
Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top