Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2005 1:33:27 PM EDT
Armilite owners,what kind of accuracy you getting from your ar15Ta4 20" or 24". I have the 20" ss 1/8 twist(website says 1/8)version. What loads you tried and distances? I am curious on the 69gr and 77gr loads. Brand it like best? Fed,BH,Hornady or ect.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a plain 20" flat top rifle, not stainless, and can get .8"~1.2" rather consistantly. This was very impressive to me as I've got a whole bunch of top line hunting bolt guns that are hard pressed with handloads to do that well. Have to also add that my Armalite results are with factory fodder. My gun seems to prefer the Black Hills 69 gr match, but will also shoot federal match well. So far though 55 gr ball ammo (Remington UMC) is closer to 2". I will have to try some other brands.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Armilite owners,what kind of accuracy you getting from your ar15Ta4 20" or 24". I have the 20" ss 1/8 twist(website says 1/8)version. What loads you tried and distances? I am curious on the 69gr and 77gr loads. Brand it like best? Fed,BH,Hornady or ect.

XM193  Armalite M15T Stainless w/ 2 stage NM trigger.  1" all day long, effortlessly at 100.  It seems that I wouldn't need match ammo, unless I see velocity shift when I start to really reach out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi Bravo2, I don't shoot any factory ammo in mine, I load 60 Vmax, 65 game kings, 69 and 77 Match kings. All shoot extremely well in my rilfe. sub moa. Just point and something will die.

Here is a group of 5 shots at 100yds with the 77 grains
http://outcast.homeunix.org/uploads/ar15group.jpg

http://outcast.homeunix.org/uploads/myar
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top