Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2005 1:03:25 AM EDT
What benefits and comfort differences are there btw. the old 4pos and new 6pos ribbed collapsible stocks?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:52:37 AM EDT
[#1]
The way I look at it the stock is eather all the way open or all the way closed, If you are a big guy you may wont to go with the 6 it is a little longer
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:43:53 AM EDT
[#2]
there are function differences and cosmetic differences.

6pos m4

old

oh and the differences is that one has six different lenght settings and the other only has four  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:02:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone know if the two stocks are interchangeable to the buffer tube? I mean, can I put the new corrogated/fluted style stock on an old 4 pos. buffer tube? I don't need 6 positions, but I was thinking about one of those green furniture kits on EE. Just
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#4]
one is carbine and the waffle pattern one is M4
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#5]
You should be able to just swap out the stock, and leave everything else the same.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#6]
The early M-4s came with the old style  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anyone know if the two stocks are interchangeable to the buffer tube? I mean, can I put the new corrogated/fluted style stock on an old 4 pos. buffer tube?

Yes you can.  Providing you get stocks for the same buffer tube.

Colt, LMT and Vltor use the military diameter (which is a bit smaller than the commercial diameter).  So if you have have a Colt 4 position, you want to find a Colt Waffle Pattern/M4 unit and not a commercial copy (like CavArms or RRA).  If your's is a Colt contact SAW Sales.

If you have a RRA/Bushmaster/Oly/DPMS 4 position then you can just buy a new sliding stock part.  Cav Arms makes a good one that will slide onto your reciever extension.

but I was thinking about one of those green furniture kits on EE. Just

Cav Arms makes the old & new style stock only in Green so if you prefer the smaller/slighlty lighter old style then check with one of their vendors.

However the new M4 style has a larger buttplate making for more comfortable usage.  There is even a sling swivel if you prefer to use the GI carry strap.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Colt, LMT and Vltor use the military diameter (which is a bit smaller than the commercial diameter).  So if you have have a Colt 4 position, you want to find a Colt Waffle Pattern/M4 unit and not a commercial copy (like CavArms or RRA).  If your's is a Colt contact SAW Sales.

Also note that LMT makes a M4 waffle stock for the milspec tubes as well and for much, much less than what SAW charges for their factory Colt stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top