Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2005 11:00:45 AM EDT
i'm looking to buy an upper so which is the best flatop upper receiver and why? where can i buy one that export?
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no ideas about exporting but out of the uppers I have I really like the LMT.  It comes with the propper M4 feed ramps and quality is very good and less expensive then Colt.  

If you want something less expensive than LMT, I think the best value is RRA for what you get for the $$.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#2]
i think the MRP is the best upper receiver for the ar15
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#3]
CMT. The best quality made upper out there!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
CMT ..and I don't think u can export any firearms parts
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i think the MRP is the best upper receiver for the ar15

+1
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Very happy w/ CMT, will def be using one for my current M4gery project.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#7]
CMT
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Are the CMT uppers numbered?

Is there a place you can order them on line?

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Are the CMT uppers numbered?

Is there a place you can order them on line?

yes they have T-numbers, you can also get them with M4 feedramps, try Denny's, or JTAC, they are the first ones that come to mind that have these
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It depends on the part and the price.  Some items cannot be shipped w/o an export license, such as receivers, barrels, and ammo.  However, uppers (w/o barrels) can be shipped out, as long as the price is claimed under $100.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Who makes LMT and CMT? I'm going to a gun show to buy a upper tomorrow and i would like to know what to look for too. Thank you.hy.gif
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I have got to go with the White Oak Precision/Armament as the best available.  They use the very best parts and then put them together with care and the way you want them.....all done by some of the best AR smiths in the country.  WOA and WOP uppers are often winning the service and match rifle competitions. Alot of top shooters are using them in competition where they have to be the best just to hold up..... let alone win.    

Bob
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:18:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Re the CMT pieces, the one I bought from Denny did have a glitch or two.

First, the bevel over the ejection pot wasn't cut properly, so it literally took both hands pushing to get the port cover closed. A couple of minutes with a needle file got the notch to where one thumb is all that's needed.

Next, I noticed the forward assist tube was having the finish worn off, and I'd only pushed the thing in 3 or 4 times. So I pulled the unit out and lightly beveled the razor sharp edges of the hole. No more wearing of the finish on the FA.

On the plus side.  Good fit and good color match with the Bushie upper it's mounted on---so sfter a bit of "refinement" I'm happy to have it
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It depends on the part and the price.  Some items cannot be shipped w/o an export license, such as receivers, barrels, and ammo.  However, uppers (w/o barrels) can be shipped out, as long as the price is claimed under $100.  

I didn't know u can ship uppers (w/o barrels) without export license. It still for me a piece of the firearm.
what about flash hidders ? muzzle brakes or even RIS/RAS ? does anyone know ?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't know u can ship uppers (w/o barrels) without export license. It still for me a piece of the firearm.
what about flash hidders ? muzzle brakes or even RIS/RAS ? does anyone know ?

Jason is right, it is possible as long as you are not exporting barrels or bolts. Uppers can be exported if their value is less than $100.

MN
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#16]
In the last year I switched all of my carry handle uppers to flattops.  I bought some from J&T, two from LAR (Grizzly), both of which have T numbers.  These look to be every bit as good as others I have here, Olympic Arms, DPMS, others.

I just can't tell a difference.  They all work.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#17]
anyone here can tell where I can get one exported?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a Bushmaster vmatch I'm happy with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top