Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2005 7:04:12 PM EDT
When is that thing going to start pumping out G3's for all the little people?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet.........................never

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Never.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#3]
The way I understand it:
1.Roller Lock Factory HK - gone the way of the Do-Do. They seem to be enamored with gas operated now. (Y?)

2.Anything marginally military/le for cuvvies from HK - DoDo again

I have not heard this first hand from a factory rep or seen anything corporate fro HK regarding this, so believe what you will. I can almost garuntee that #1 is true.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 12:46:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:41:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I live very near the "HK Plant", and I pass that plot of land Troy was mentioning on my way to work every day.  (It's "Columbus", BTW) The entrance is currently under SEVERAL inches of water, and the local boys have been using the entire area to mud ride.  (I have to restrain myself frequently... "must go to work, can't risk getting stuck")

Wish I had a camera... I'd take pics.  

When HK was here doing all the job fairs, I asked a very attractive HK employee 2 questions... "Is working for HK the coolest job in the world" and "will your plant be building anything for the civilian market".  She only answered "yes" to one of my questions.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:39:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#8]
What happened to the news story with the groundbreaking ceremony and....WTH...Oh well, the only semi-auto thing I would care to own from them would be a PSG1, or a G3. That PSG1 would have been nice. It would have been a lot less than it's astronomical price is now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Get a PTR-91 from JLD  or get the reciever and have a PSG-1 built for you.   Be prepared to spend in the neighborhood of 5 grand though.  

I'm building an SR-9 TC copy and it's going to have somewhere around 3,000 in it without having any of the welded rails or anything - just a new longer barrel, scope mount, PSG-1 shoulder stock and set trigger mechanism
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I think i need to say now that HK sucks
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#12]
yawn
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I live very near the "HK Plant", and I pass that plot of land Troy was mentioning on my way to work every day.  (It's "Columbus", BTW) The entrance is currently under SEVERAL inches of water, and the local boys have been using the entire area to mud ride.  (I have to restrain myself frequently... "must go to work, can't risk getting stuck")

Wish I had a camera... I'd take pics.  

When HK was here doing all the job fairs, I asked a very attractive HK employee 2 questions... "Is working for HK the coolest job in the world" and "will your plant be building anything for the civilian market".  She only answered "yes" to one of my questions.

i've seen it. you're right it's a mudhole.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Well guys, I have to say that's pretty disappointing to hear. So the chick said no to civi sales...not even going to start in on that one.

That XM8 looked like a total PIECE anyway! It's melting...IT'S MEELLLTING..what a world..what a world!

I've always dreamed of owning all the cool HK stuff, old and new models, but to tell you the truth, I've always thought about it being full auto. I wouldn't want any of it semi-auto...weird.

ok, you guys answered my question on this one. Thanks a bunch, especially the guy that drives by the plot-o-land every day! personaly, I drive a mighty cool Ford truck, and I think I could come up with something very witty to carve in the ground with my tires. A pic of that would be sweet!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe FN can win the next contract. Atleast they are more civilian friendly (it has been said that the p90 and FN-2000 will be released to the civilian market in america).  And for the people that bash a european mfg, Colt has not done shit for civilian ownership.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#16]

I drive a mighty cool Ford truck, and I think I could come up with something very witty to carve in the ground with my tires. A pic of that would be sweet!

Me too... an F150 FX4  I did ride through there with a buddy in his truck, an F250 FX4 SuperCrew Diesel (Mud riding in a $47,000 vehicle!) and it was pretty cool.  There's dirt roads all through there, and one actually goes all the way to Ft. Benning.  Never found a road sign, but it was blocked on one end, and we didn't want to find MP's at the other, so we went back into the woods.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
- HK no longer owns the XM8 design; it's been sold to Boeing (the General Dynamics division)

At last check Boeing and General Dynamics are two complete different companies.  They may cooperate on projects but one does not own the other.

HK's deal with General Dynamics is a joint venture involving production rights, not a complete sale of the design.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#18]
If HK is no longer making the stamped receiver weapons, does that mean they aren't making any MP5's anymore???  

So IF they ever open a plant here, do you think they'd ever sell the USC here, or would that be a big negative ghostrider?
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Kiss HKs feet and maybe they will make a gun for you, that is, if you are willing to (over)pay.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If HK is no longer making the stamped receiver weapons, does that mean they aren't making any MP5's anymore???  

So IF they ever open a plant here, do you think they'd ever sell the USC here, or would that be a big negative ghostrider?

HK used to sell the USC here, but stopped importing them.  You can still find some new ones here and there, and if you check the EE board on hkpro.com, there are almost always guns for sale there.  I'm not sure if you meant the UMP which is the LE/Military subgun that the Civilian (read neutered) USC was based on.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

When the UMP series was slated to replace the MP5 series, they stated the 9mm version of the MP5 would still be made on special order.  This was two or three years ago, however, so the policy may have changed since then.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#22]
OK, thanks for clarifying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top