Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2004 10:34:52 AM EDT
Hello,
Has anyone had much long term experience with the LMT 2 Stage or the Jard 2 Stage triggers? Has anyone run into issues with either one "going single stage" after a good number of rounds? I want to stick to 2 stage FCG because I'm use to the feel of a  2 stage trigger. I was also contemplating getting a RRA 2 stage but I've heard they go single after a good number of rounds.

Cheers,
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Stay away from RRA two stage if you are going for longevity.  I had one and it pooped out after about 800 rounds.  I have a LMT with about 500 rounds through it with some but fire abuse in there and no change.  IMO a damn good trigger.

Matt Carper
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#2]
My NM RRA with over 2000 rounds still going strong.
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My NM RRA with over 2000 rounds still going strong.

My RRA pooped out at 1000 and 3 trips back to the factory, it never was fixed right...I went LMT and have not complained since.

Matt Carper
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:50:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input, Matth3wdean

How did your RRA 2stage "poop out"? Did the feel of the trigger go bad or was there something more severe?  

Cheers,
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#5]
It started to hang up right before it broke and would stick.  The worst part about it is that it didn't always do that, sometimes it would be the long creepy single stage and some times it would break with the slightest pressure.  There was no consistency and that was a problem for me.  

The thing that pushed me over the edge is when it would break with very little pressure.  I saw this as a safety issue and warranted a change to LMT.  I you want good info on a LMT call Denny down at GTS.  He will tell you every thing you need to know about the LMT trigger as well as give you a great deal on a trigger with some KNS pins, and he will also tell you what he thinks of RRA triggers...I think he call them "turds" once.

Matt Carper
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:13:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Actually, I was going to pretty much ask the same question.

I'm looking for a simple two stage trigger, but it has to be reliable.

LMT or RR?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I am in the process of replacing (ordering) my RRA 1 stage, oops 2 stage with a LMT 2 stage. My RRA turned into a single stage in my AR10 after about 500 to 600 rds. Still works but just not as a 2 stage anymore. I can see the area that wears on it and causes it to go to a single stage.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the input fellas!

The  LMT FCG sounds pretty good so far. I guess not a whole of guys are using  the non-adjustable Jard two stage trigger. I been thinking about the McCormick 2 stage also, I like the self contained  assembly.

Chuck1,
Any chance you could get a close-up photo of the worn areas on the  sear or hammer of your formerly two stage RRA ?  Cheers,
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I can try to take some after I pull the trigger group out later this weekend. Not sure if my camera will get it but I will give it a try.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 2:58:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Does the Chip McCormick 2-stage live as long as the LMT or Jewell one, and do the KNS pins really help a noticable amount on a semi-auto weapon?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top