Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2004 6:28:04 AM EDT
gentlemen-please excuse this silly question,but while looking in Equipment Exchange I see items listed as pre /post/and NO Ban....whats exactly does NO BAN mean? Thanks in advance..TD
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#1]
no ban refers to the rifles made after the awb sunset. these rifles would still be banned in those states and/or cities where a ban still exists. preban refers to rifles fully assembled before the 1994 awb went into effect.  correct me if i'm wrong.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:37:20 AM EDT
[#2]
oh and the postban ones were created after the 1994 ban but befor the sunset of the law, but had none of the outlawed features such as flash suppressor, bayo lug, collapsing stock
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the enlightenment,Hawker..thats kinda what I thought,but I get in trouble lotsa times for that kinda thinking!!! TD
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:20:15 PM EDT
[#4]
no problem. I see you are from NY so you are gonna have to get a preban rifle if you want the flash sup. bayo lug and/or tele stock. I guess you could get a post ban neutered one. I guess, I'm no expert on law by any means!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top