Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2004 1:30:19 AM EDT
im planning to build a 11.5" with a dpms barrel 1:9 ...what aacuracy can i expect out of it?...availble ammos right now is m193 only..(group size in 50m, 100, etc..)

pls. share your experiences...thank you
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#1]

With M193 you're only going to have about 25 yards of effective range anyway, so accuracy is really a moot point.

Sorry for the no help response, but true.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#2]
i have a bushy 11.5" heave flutted barrel on my SBR, its every bit as accurate out to 100yards as any other barrel, it just shoots lower because of the velocity loss.

barrel length doesn't have  much to so with accuracy. shorter barrels have less whip that shorties.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the replies....how big is the group size in 50m,  100m?   thank you  maybe ill put on a aimpoint..
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#5]
i was getting about 3 inch groups at 100yards with an aimpoint and south african battle pack ammo, which is not the most accurate stuff in the world.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:16:43 AM EDT
[#6]
i acquired very nice groups today (1" group @ 70m)...  using iron sights but...........i had some occasional double feeds.....after replacing the old extractor spring with a new one...the problem is gone........

by the way....im considering of using my old  Trijicon Reflex sights on top of this...(flat top receiver) using RX23 base...does anyone alreadry tried this?

and also.........why did the Major AR15 company favors selling HEAVY 11.5" barrel?      im having thoughts of its WEIGHT during long duration of LEO activities      pls. share your thoughts on this.   thanks
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:08:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i acquired very nice groups today (1" group @ 70m)...  using iron sights but...........i had some occasional double feeds.....after replacing the old extractor spring with a new one...the problem is gone........

by the way....im considering of using my old  Trijicon Reflex sights on top of this...(flat top receiver) using RX23 base...does anyone alreadry tried this?

and also.........why did the Major AR15 company favors selling HEAVY 11.5" barrel?      im having thoughts of its WEIGHT during long duration of LEO activities      pls. share your thoughts on this.   thanks

So........

You are planning on building the gun on 10/29 and get great groups with it on 10/31 at 4:00 AM.

You are fast, my man.

Rather than listen to us tell you about the Reflex, why don't you just tell us tomorrow how you did?

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:02:32 PM EDT
[#8]
so............        do you think im fast?        im fast because i collected so many inputs from this message board & continue with my project...         and then i shared to you what i got from your inputs.........

now........before i continue again with my reflex project........im asking again you my Fellow ar15 friends to share your experinces with this because i do believe you have the experinces & knowledge so that i will have an initial info on what to expect when i do this...when i do that......                    Thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top