Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 10:21:00 AM EDT
I finally got my Troy MRF-M to install level, but the lower rail will not stay on. The spring-loaded detent is approx .005" away from popping up in to the hole. I've tapped the end of the bottom rail with a rubber mallet, didn't help. :(
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about the TROY MRF-M?

If your talking about the TROY, try pushing down on the bottom rail, the end closes to the spring loaded pin, and slide it in at the same time, that is how I got mine to seat properly.

Good luck!

Mike
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had the same problem on my MRF-CX (though my MRF-MX works just fine -- go figure).

Some here have suggested that reinstalling the MRF itself will allow things to shift around a bit and align correctly.  I've done that a number of times with no success, however.

I'm considering rounding the top edges on the nipple.  Though for right now I just simply installed the clamp with the lower rail installed so it's on there tight, it just isn't as removeable as I'd like.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Corey
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, brain fade -- yes it is the TROY MRF-M.

I just simply installed the clamp with the lower rail installed so it's on there tight, it just isn't as removeable as I'd like.

Hey that sounds like a plan! I never plan to remove it anyway.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello guys, what happens with the Troy is the clamp that goes around the barrel nut somtimes is installed just a few .001's back toward the reciever.  This causes the lower rail to hit the front of the barrel nut (where the teeth are).  If you loosen the clamp screws and pull the upper forward, and retighten there.  This may help the problem.

Good luck let me know how it turns out
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hello guys, what happens with the Troy is the clamp that goes around the barrel nut somtimes is installed just a few .001's back toward the reciever.  This causes the lower rail to hit the front of the barrel nut (where the teeth are).  If you loosen the clamp screws and pull the upper forward, and retighten there.  This may help the problem.

Good luck let me know how it turns out

Man, if that's it, thanks for the tip!

I won't be able to check it out tonight.  Maybe later on this weekend.

Corey
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top