Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 8:29:17 PM EDT
Does anyone know anything about this?  It looks like a shock-absorber tube, slides inside the receiver extension in place of the buffer spring.  It's supposed to cushion the recoil and slow down the action (from roughly 620per/min to 450 in a full auto.. I think it was).  I think it will also eliminating the "shuffle" feel/sound of the spring sliding back and forth inside the carbon mini-stock of a Carbon 15.

I sent for one but don't have it yet.  Costs $125.  I like to play around with the latest technology.  This is part of my Carbon 15 97S project (Ace stock, flash hider, extended bolt release & charging handle, sling mounts, EoTech sight, & Harris bipod)
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:19:20 AM EDT
[#1]
It was really made for full auto.  It does make a noticeable difference in recoil and is much smoother than the standard buffer and spring.  I use one with a 243WSSM upper and it reduces recoil quite a bit but whether it will be worth it in a 223, you will have to be the judge.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had much sucsess with them I use them alot in my custom AR`s and have had no failures. They realy change the feel of the rifle.also I have them in stock if you need them.
Red
919-414-3247
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#3]
They ever get around to making a carbine version?
-Steve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top