User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 12:12:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#1]
ummmmmmmmm, NICE!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh great, just when I had decided on a DD forearm Larue just had to get their shit together and fix the only problem I have with their stuff  Decisions, decisions, decisions.  Is this new finish their standard finish for all their stuff (BUIS, mounts, etc.)?  

And before anyone jumps on my ass, it is my rifle and I have a real dislike for purple
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, that looks bitchin'.

With that being said, I actually liked the purple hue...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice!  I can't wait until 9.0 rails come out!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Do all LaRue rails say "LIVE FREE OR DIE" on them now?  I find it kinda cheesy personally.  Its a bit better than "Tactical" or "SpecOps" or "SOCOM" or any of the other ridiculous things people put on otherwise cool gear nowdays.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do all LaRue rails say "LIVE FREE OR DIE" on them now?  I find it kinda cheesy personally.  Its a bit better than "Tactical" or "SpecOps" or "SOCOM" or any of the other ridiculous things people put on otherwise cool gear nowdays.

I gotta agree.

To tell you the truth I don't like white lettering in general, be it on guns or car tires!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Thats awesome!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#11]
So if I have one that is purple, will they make it better?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#13]

I'm sure I'm not the only one but I like the "Live Free or Die" motto on the LT rails!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm sure I'm not the only one but I like the "Live Free or Die" motto on the LT rails!

Same here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:19:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:15:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh great, just when I had decided on a DD forearm Larue just had to get their shit together and fix the only problem I have with their stuff  Decisions, decisions, decisions.  Is this new finish their standard finish for all their stuff (BUIS, mounts, etc.)?  

And before anyone jumps on my ass, it is my rifle and I have a real dislike for purple

Did you actually think they made their products purple on purpose?? Didn't you see all the threads discussing what the problem was? Their anodizer had a bad tank and one set of everything had a slight purple color to them. All LT products are black as midnight!

C4

Not I didn't think they made them purple on purpose just like I don't think KAC or Bushmaster made theirs purple on purpose either.  I have also read all the threads on the subject because I really like their stuff.  Problem was that in every picture you had a nice black AR with purple forearm, purple buis and purple Aimpoint mount.  Now that I can be assured their stuff if black like it is intended to be I have to rethink my current build.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Works for me. As long as it doesn't say "Vote or Die" - P. Diddy, 2004, I'm happy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Works for me. As long as it doesn't say "Vote or Die" - P. Diddy, 2004, I'm happy.

I want one that says "Shut up or die"  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Nope you're not and if DevL doesn't like it then it must be cool!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#21]

If you are asking if Mark will fix you up, then the answer is an unequivocal YES.
Just call him or email him. You WILL get taken care off. LT has the BEST
customer service of any company I have ever dealt with, bar none.

I mentioned to Mark that mine was from the 'barney' batch, but that I wasn't
really all that bothered by it. He basically demanded that I send it back to him
for a black one. In fact I think he said 'send that purple sumbitch back'

Colorful verbiage + good customer service: +10

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
[In fact I think he said 'send that purple sumbitch back'

Sounds like Mark!

IO1
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

If you are asking if Mark will fix you up, then the answer is an unequivocal YES.
Just call him or email him. You WILL get taken care off. LT has the BEST
customer service of any company I have ever dealt with, bar none.

I mentioned to Mark that mine was from the 'barney' batch, but that I wasn't
really all that bothered by it. He basically demanded that I send it back to him
for a black one. In fact I think he said 'send that purple sumbitch back'

Colorful verbiage + good customer service: +10

That is great, a manufacturer who accepts responsibility for something instead of saying "It is only purple under the light and in the sunlight, as long as you only shoot in the dark you will not notice it."  or "It is really hard to get the color to be black", or my personal favorate "What are you a pussy, you are gonna shoot it not look at it right, so what if it looks like shit.".  

Good for Mark.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Maybe they'll offer the used purple ones real cheap for the guys who are gonna moly resin them anyway...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

State Motto. The words "Live Free or Die," written by General John Stark, July 31, 1809, shall be the official motto of the state.

It was the 1945 Legislature that gave New Hampshire its official motto and emblem, as World War II approached a successful end.

The motto became "Live Free Or Die," as once voiced by General John Stark, the state's most distinguished hero of the Revolutionary War, and the world famous Old Man of the Mountain was voted the official state emblem.

The motto was part of a volunteer toast which General Stark sent to his wartime comrades, in which he declined an invitation to head up a 32nd anniversary reunion of the 1777 Battle of Bennington in Vermont, because of poor health. The toast said in full: "Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." The following year, a similar invitation (also declined) said: "The toast, sir, which you sent us in 1809 will continue to vibrate with unceasing pleasure in our ears, "Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst Of Evils."
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#27]
oh wow, just what i wanted to hear!  Looks like i'll have a matching rifle after all.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:18:11 AM EDT
[#28]

I have tried to buy the purple ones from him (and paint them), but he won't sell them to me either....

I think he's sending them to .mil guys for T&E is why
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:29:15 AM EDT
[#29]
They should change that saying on there to "Let ME live free or YOU will die"
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Hmm.. all my Larue gear (buis, 7.0, aimpoint mout,compact acog mout, SPR scope base) is a bit purple, but I like purple..

BTW, Live Free or Die is the New Hampshire State Motto, but was one of the priciples that our founding fathers belived in, thus the Revolutionary War..

Just something to think about...

-sc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top