Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 7:30:08 AM EDT
I saw someone on here who was able to do it if I sent it to them but I forgot to put it in my favorites and I can't remember.  Anyone know a good gunsmith who can do it?  I don't mind sending the upper away to have it done.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:50:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the barrel already threaded or does it need to be?  If it needs to be threaded I suggest sending it to ADCO.  You can find them in the Industry Forum.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:54:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#3]
ADCO!!!  That's the name that I was looking for!!  Thanks!

THERICKER:

Ok I have a question.  If I send off the complete upper(minus the bolt carrier) to have the barrel rethreaded can I also have the M203 cut made in the barrel for $20 or do I still have to pay the disassembly fee?

In other words, what is the cost of sending you a complete Colt upper and having the barrel threaded, a new flash suppressor installed(see question below), and having the M203 barrel cut made?

Also, a couple of questions.  Will cutting the M203 cut hurt the accuracy?  Which is the better flash suppressor...the A2 or the Phantom?  Also, what is the length of each one when attached to the barrel?  

I am trying to decide on replacing the barrel with a new one or just having the old barrel redone.  There are only about 1000 rounds through this barrel.  I don't care about having a bayonet lug.  The M203 cut would just be for the "cool" factor!!  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Phantom is hands down the better FS - however it will exend the length some 0.5-0.75" more than the A2 FS.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one more question for TheRicker.  

Can you put the normal AR finish on a stainless barrel?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:54:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Do not hesitate to use ADCO to do this for you. I just received my beloved Colt M4 upper back from them and it is perfect. They threaded the barrel and installed the A2 flash hider, and I had my upper back in about 4 or 5 days. And, they did it for less money than I could have gotten it done locally.

Can't say enough good things about the level of service and product when dealing with ADCO.

Now, if I can just talk the wife into that VLTOR clubfoot for Christmas.......
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#7]
You might try Earl Hickman at Hickman Rifles in Colorado Springs.

He's really good with this kind of stuff.

(719) 633-4680 will get you answers to your questions.  I've been happy with the stuff that he's done for me.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Adco can apply the KG coat (flat black) to stanless steal.  It looks great IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I can do it with a 1 day turnaround right now.  Business is very slow at the moment.

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top