Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2004 11:29:32 AM EDT
im looking at these two mainly:

RRA    Entry Tactical, No-Ban Model AR1251
M4 style 16" A4 flattop carbine with 6 position collapsible stock, Hogue grip, A2 flash hider, 2 stage trigger and bayonet lug.

Bushmaster        M4A3 Type Carbine - 16" Barrel
M4 style 16" A3 flattop carbine with removable carry handle, 6 position collapsible stock, A2 flash hider and bayonet lug.  

this will be my first AR, but i am not new to shooting. i plan to do taget shooting, mostly 75yrd-100yrds with this. it will be fitted with some sort of optics.  i have heard good things about RRA. so will either of these be good for my first AR.

RRA's are all mil-spec aren't they? the only difference between these two would be the the 1440 vs 1450 barells

im leaning towards the RRA now due to the better warranty and slightly better pricing

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:16:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a serious BM fan, but I have to admit that RRA offers just about the same level of quality, so either one will be fine. Since I'm also a big fan of two-stage triggers (the RRA trigger is currently in my BM carbine, and works just fine), I'd go with Rock River, simply because it'll already have it installed.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:12:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I simply have an RRA upper barrelled with a Bushmaster 14.5 1/7 barrel.  Any dealer here should be able to supply you (such as Legal Transfers, Eagle, etc.) .  Use whatever lower you want, although I've been pleased with my RRA with RRA two stage.  I have been exceedingly impressed with recent RRA and Bushmaster purchases.  Any future AR's will be RRA or Bushmaster, as I do not feel the extra cost of the LMT is warranted.

Quoted:
I'm a serious BM fan, but I have to admit that RRA offers just about the same level of quality, so either one will be fine. Since I'm also a big fan of two-stage triggers (the RRA trigger is currently in my BM carbine, and works just fine), I'd go with Rock River, simply because it'll already have it installed.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top