Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2004 1:12:33 PM EDT
I've got a bushmaster lower just sitting around and I'd really like to put a short, heavy barrel upper on it.  While economy is a factor I'm interested in the "most accurate" I can get my hands on.  Got any ideas?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've got a bushmaster lower just sitting around and I'd really like to put a short, heavy barrel upper on it.  While economy is a factor I'm interested in the "most accurate" I can get my hands on.  Got any ideas?  Thanks.

One, a heavy barrel does not guarantee accuracy and the definition of economy is relative. You really need to be more specific. The options range from $900+ for a real tack driver, depending on THAT definition (sub-MOA). Again, exactly what are you looking for and what is the budget?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Aslo, length doesn't necessarily equate to accuracy either.  At least not at any practical range.  The 18" is a good compromise betweent he 16" and 20".  Persoanlly, I prefer the 16" barrel so that would be my recommendation.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:11:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I would like to keep my budget < $1000.  I don't intend to make this a bench gun, just a highly accurate short barreled gun.  I'd really like to know what manufacturers you guys like so I could look around a little.  Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:41:35 AM EDT
[#4]
You might want to look at the Olympic ML-2 upper with the SUM barrel.  I have one and it is a tack driver, .25MOA and will do the job out to 300 yards or better depending on the target.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top