Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 8:26:02 PM EDT
I got this letter today and could it be any more vage? He doesnt say he will or vote against it. I wonder if all the letters we write have any effect on how they vote. Do they just vote on what they want to and we have to wait to election time to fix it.. Has anyone heard anything about this taxing of ammo?? by the way this is rich lugar from Indiana

Thank you for contacting me regarding the issue of gun control and the reauthorization of the semiautomatic assault weapons ban, which ended on September 13,2004.

I support the Second Amendment rights oflaw-abiding citizens to possess firearms for sporting, collecting, and d~fensive purposes, and I support1ndiana law related to the purchase an< ownership of firearms.

I also believe law enforcement should endeavor to keep guns out of the hands of convicte felons. Since my days as Mayor of Indianapolis, I have favored background checks for the purch of firearms as a tool to target criminal possession of guns. I have supported movement to an
effective instant check system as rapidly as possible so that checks will not delay the vast majorit of gun purchases that are legitimate. I also oppose maintaining permanent records created by the checks.

I have noted your position on this issue and will closely follow the progress of any movement to reauthorize the semiautomatic assault weapons ban. Thank you, again, for contacting me.

~~--

Richard G. Lugar United States Senator

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out his anti-gun voting record if you get a chance....he's as bad as sKerry on gun rights.

Clicky
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#2]
yes he is. I also wrote a letter to the gov of Indiana and instead of him writing me back or even someone in his office he turned it over to the Indiana state police and I got a letter from them. I will try to find it and post that one too. Either way he lost my vote too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top