Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 7:54:57 PM EDT
Well, 3 weeks ago I placed an order for 2 RRA lowers. Well, I called them today, and they said there is a 3-4 month backorder because RRA is using all of their lowers to build rifles incase the AWB gets reinstated. I called another company, and they said they have a couple DPMS lowers in stock right now, and are recieving a large shipment of them tomorrow. The price is the same, but I havn't heard anything on the quality of DPMS lowers. I've got a RRA upper, and an RRA lower parts kit.

So, I guess the question is, should I wait 4 months for a RRA lower, or should I get a DPMS now?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:07:33 AM EDT
[#1]
My DPMS receiver is my very favorite.  It has a teflon coat on top of the anodizing and is very well machined.  It fit perfectly well with an LMT upper, just like a glove, and it now sports a Magpul M93 stock.  It has become my very favorite rifle.  I like my DPMS recevier far better than I like my RRA receiver, which is very hard to impossible to mate with any of my LMT uppers due to its insanely tight machining around the rear takedown pin.  The tight machining is normal, though, as it is RRA's standard spec.  So if you like an incredibly tight lower to upper fit, then wait for the RRA.,  If you like a smoother teflon coat and a standard fitting upper to lower fit get the DPMS.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Anytime I always waited for something I always got disappointed.  Heres the thing.. You can wait the 4 months (maybee... if your dealer can get them from RRA in 4 months).  OR get a FEW DPMS forged lowers to go shooting now and have some stashed for future builds.  OR call Legal transfers and get RRA lowers transferred to your FFL for a fee.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#3]
actually, i guess it all worked out for me. one of my teachers at school has a rock river arms lower that he bought for his 1yr old son. so, he sold that to me, and i'm gonna sell him the RRA lower that I ordered when it gets here.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with the RRA lowers. I may have to wait but the comp is starting to make a good name for themselfs. I like the look of the RRA over the DPMS
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I picked up the lower, and put the parts kit in. With the exception of the takedown pin and the buffer pin (Tapco hasnt gotten me my stock yet), everything else is put together. took about 15 minutes, which is about an hour less than I thought it would take when I first looked at the bag. I'm glad that I got the RRA lower, cause although it's possible the DPMS lower would have worked fine, this lower worked GREAT!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
DAMN I was getting ready to order a RRA lower....where were you going to order the DPMS lower from?? Is there going to be a backorder on RRA uppers?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
DAMN I was getting ready to order a RRA lower....where were you going to order the DPMS lower from?? Is there going to be a backorder on RRA uppers?

The best (and only that should be considered IMHO) place to get a DPMS lower:m  CMMG.  They will absolutely treat you right.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]
BTW I called RRA and they told me 8-10 on lowers and 4-6 on uppers. My parents are ordering me an upper from them...I may go ahead and look elsewhere for a lower. I want to be shooting this thing by christmas.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, thanks a long time to wait. I just ordered a BM complete lower through my Class II/III FFL last week and he called me today to tell me it arrived. I'm picking it up Thursday. He orders direct. I don't know if that makes any diff. I wonder how long the wait is for a RRA or BM Upper (14.5" M4 A3 no CH)?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
BTW I called RRA and they told me 8-10 on lowers and 4-6 on uppers. My parents are ordering me an upper from them...I may go ahead and look elsewhere for a lower. I want to be shooting this thing by christmas.

Have you tried ADCO  for RRA parts and receviers?  They are the best RRA dealer to deal with and are usually well stocked.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top